Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » Colors that work (and not all do!)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Colors that work (and not all do!)
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
We have no key to the available text colors, so here are the distinct ones that I've been able to discover. The name at left goes within the opening COLOR tag.

Against blue background ...

Black: LegionWorld
Blue: LegionWorld
LightBlue: LegionWorld
Chartreuse: LegionWorld
Cyan: LegionWorld
Gold: LegionWorld
Green: LegionWorld
LightGreen: LegionWorld
Magenta: LegionWorld
Orange: LegionWorld
Pink: LegionWorld
Purple: LegionWorld
Red: LegionWorld
Silver: LegionWorld
Yellow: LegionWorld

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Against gray background ...

Black: LegionWorld
Blue: LegionWorld
LightBlue: LegionWorld
Chartreuse: LegionWorld
Cyan: LegionWorld
Gold: LegionWorld
Green: LegionWorld
LightGreen: LegionWorld
Magenta: LegionWorld
Orange: LegionWorld
Pink: LegionWorld
Purple: LegionWorld
Red: LegionWorld
Silver: LegionWorld
Yellow: LegionWorld

Black, Blue, and Purple are nearly totally illegible against the two message backgrounds. Green is nearly as bad.

Please, friends, for the sake of everyone being able to read your text, try using the other colors!

[ January 22, 2004, 04:04 AM: Message edited by: Greybird ]

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Unless, of course, you want to click and drag to highlight the text. Then you'll be able to read it regardless of the color. Sorta like using a decoder ring [Smile]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Or you don't WANT everyone to be able to read it [Smile]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

I guess not wanting others to read what one writes always struck me as being too self-consciously cute for words ... literally. The typographer in me.
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, Grey. I didn't know there were so many shades of green and blue here.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
So, Blue would be a good color for spoilers

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
You can also use this chart from Web Monkey. Instead of the color name, just input the color code, minus the '#'.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq:
So, Blue would be a good color for spoilers

Exactly! Next time you post a spoiler like Luke's father is [SPOILER]Darth Vader[/SPOILER]! It would make it easier on some of the faint at heart. [Smile]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, and it's #000080 for blue backgrounds and #2f2f4f for the grey backgrounds!
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Nightcrawler... you... are my father!
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Cool. I was hoping we could get something like that for spoilers.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.