Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » General query (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: General query
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi there, not sure if this is the right forum but I need to know how to post pictures....

Once before Cru ably helped but this time I'd rather do it without going through third parties...

Any info you could share?

Many thanks, and a happy Friday to you all [Smile]

From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, the easiest way is to upload them to the Photo Album right here on Legion World. Just follow these steps:

1) Click the album link in the upper right corner of Legion World;

2) Click the "Upload" button;

3) Re-type your Legion World password (you may not have to do this, but I did the first time I added pics)

4) Click the "Browse" button next to "File #1"... this will let you search your computer for the picture you want to upload;

5) In the spaces just below, you may add a name (title) and description for the pic you're uploading, if you so choose;

6) Repeat steps 4 & 5 for any additional pics you want to upload;

7) When you are finished, click the "I agree to the rules" button and voila! I believe the pics should get added to the album.

Good luck!

[EDIT: Please note that this board no longer uses the Photo Album. Please use "Upload File Form." Thanks! ~ Gary]

[ August 05, 2006, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
How to post pictures to the board?

Use the Image tags. Either press the button on the relpy/new page and type in or paste in the address or just place [img] & [/img] around the address of the image that you'd like to post.

How to post pictures to the internet that you then link to the board?

If they're photos that you'd like to share you can use the album link at the top of the page. Click on "Upload" and retype your password (even though it appears to be there - it's not). Browse your computer for the image, and title it anyway you like. Press "I agree with the rules" and voila! There's a limit to how many you can have in your folder there so...

If you have a lot of images you'd like to share, you can try to sign up for some webspace. There are a lot of links of sites around here, specifically for MyNetscape. I use Portland Communications to host my images. It's free and allows remote linking. You'll need an FTP program to upload them though.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey! Cru beat me to it!
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I didn't do the part about posting images to a thread, so I guess between the two of us we got it covered [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

Thank you both, again, the speed and clarity of your replies is far far more efficient than I'm used to, many thanks....

I'll post my pics for B over the weekend and you can all scratch your heads and say "if he's a pro artist how come his art is so bad?!".... [Wink]

From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
If you have a lot of images you'd like to share, you can try to sign up for some webspace. There are a lot of links of sites around here, specifically for MyNetscape. I use Portland Communications to host my images. It's free and allows remote linking. You'll need an FTP program to upload them though.

Actually, you can use IE - just put the following in the address bar,

ftp://username:password@ftpsite

obviously replacing username/password/ftpsite with the "real" values.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:

How to post pictures to the internet that you then link to the board?

Okay, damsel in distress time. Sonnie and Alan have gotten the scanner to scan, have created a sub domain to host then both went out. Alans got work and Sonnies got a social life!

I have the scanned pictures in my Pictures folder and have downloaded a free ftp programme. Now it is talking techno talk with me and I'm getting scared! There are a few huge files - Dak is 43000 kb alone- is this right for a b&w drawing? - and the 'Cute ftp' programme is taking an age to retrieve them. What do I do with themonce they are downloaded into the ftp thingie?

I am less technically minded than your average fish so have no idea what I am doing. How sad is this?

This will definitely learn me for saying I'd be fine to the boys before they left!

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Once you FTP them to the site?

Then you need to only use the address, such as http://[your site's name]/[any sub folder, seperated by "/"'s if there's more than one]/[the file name of the image].[the type of image file it is] between this tag: [IMG] and this tag [/IMG] in your post.

To post this image from my site I do this:

-

My address was "http://nightcrawler.8bit.co.uk/images/EcchsMen.jpg" And all I did was add [IMG] & [/IMG] to it.

Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Harbinger:
There are a few huge files - Dak is 43000 kb alone- is this right for a b&w drawing?

If you meant to say 43000b (ie 43kb), then that's fine. If you typed what you meant, what frelling resolution did you scan it at? Can you fit it all onto your screen without shrinking it?

[ January 31, 2004, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: Sanity or Madness? ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
No SoM, I need to shrink them bigtime to get them on the screen. Guess the new scanner doesn't work the same wy as the old one! Thank you for your help here guys, I'll grab Sonnie when he surfaces later and we'll try again.

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
For image-manipulation and resizing, check out the free IrfanView for Windows. More is posted about it at the top of the Bits forum.

Another free Webspace alternative that allows "remote linking" (calling an image up with an IMG tag used at LW.net) is Graffiti.net. You can upload images to this 20 MB of Webspace on the site itself, without using FTP, and can create folders easily to sort your images.

[ February 01, 2004, 07:00 AM: Message edited by: Greybird ]

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

If you get the images below 150kb - then it's fine no matter what dimensions the images are.

We now have the new THUMB option. If you use [thumb] & [/thumb] instead of the IMG tags, the image will appear to be no wider than 400 pixels and should fit nicely on the message board.

Good luck, Belinda.

Reboot

quote:
Originally posted by Harbinger:
No SoM, I need to shrink them bigtime to get them on the screen. Guess the new scanner doesn't work the same wy as the old one! Thank you for your help here guys, I'll grab Sonnie when he surfaces later and we'll try again.

For a comic page, scan @ between 75-100 dpi (although you might want to go bigger if you're scanning a small panel, never scan above 150dpi for webwork. Its overkill, and probably won't fit on the screen - and make sure you trim the scan so that it at least roughly fits what you're scanning).

--------------------

Sonnie
mere mortal

Thanks for your help guys, we downloaded some shareware stuff and the computer died...

We'll have to wait until later in the week after it gets it's servicing to post the pictures....

[devil]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.