Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » The Pocket Universe is on permanent hiatus. (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Pocket Universe is on permanent hiatus.
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
You're coming perilously close to running me off the way you did Reep.

BACK OFF.

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

To answer your question, it's not going to be ready before Leap Year Day. And I don't care to reveal the plans. If it bothers you, get Scott or Gary to remove it.

As a matter of fact, why don't you lobby them to remove ME off too while you're at it. Sure would save us all a lot of time and energy. I don't have the time or the energy to go back and forth on this thread with you, as I'm sure you're gearing up to do, based on your past interactions with people in which you take an antagonistic role. So go ahead and have the last word, as I'm sure you're so itching to do.

--------------------

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Antagonistic? I meant nothing of the kind, and I never have. In fact, I'd appreciate your pointing out exactly what I've said above -- or even in my PMs, and you can quote them, even without your having responded -- that was anything but conciliatory and encouraging.

I've been curious -- no, curious-squared, actually. No more, no less. I didn't even send along what were some fairly minor concerns about how this was to operate, from what you described. (Referring to something creating 200 or more simultaneous threads per participant would give anyone who's used message boards pause.)

The reason I didn't send them along was that you haven't responded to any recent PMs from me. (Except, grudgingly, one involving the Saving LegionPics project.) I take that, usually, as a sign of someone being offended -- apparently accurately, in your case -- and I asked for some idea of what was involved, so that I could make any needed amends. You didn't reply.

In any event, I honestly don't know what caused this outburst, or this anger, on your part, and with the terms you're using, I'm not sure that anything I'd say now could mollify it. I will note, though, some of what you said at the head of this thread:

"Anyway, I started this thread to apologize to everyone, to let everyone know that I AM working on the project, and to give everyone a chance to put their two cents in on it, ask me questions, express disapproval on the way I've played everyone, cuss me out, whatever."

You didn't add any caveat to that which said: "... except for Greybird."

I'll stick to noting again what I said above and in private, whether you want to read any of this fury of yours into it or not:

I don't want you to keep berating yourself (or anyone, for that matter) or insisting on your "humiliation." I hope that you know what you're doing in making such a change to how this software operates. I do, still, want to enjoy and be enlightened from this project, whenever it arrives. And, yes, the air of mystery is starting to be more than a bit thick for my tastes, and I hope it will end very soon.

Finally, you know very well that Reep destroyed any role he had for himself on these boards through his own bad behavior and his own choice to depart. You said so yourself, in fact, and at eloquent length -- that he was "the highest-maintenance" person on these boards.

Reep was an insulting, disruptive, abusive presence. You -- well, until your postings above -- have been anything but that. After he chose to leave, few missed him. Your more diluted recent presence has been continually regretted, including by me.

I hope you can make those same distinctions. And I hope you can keep us informed about your project. In other words, the last word here, Jeff, is yours.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

I apologize.

I have a tendency sometimes to displace anger towards myself onto other people, and you didn't deserve that vitriol. I feel bad about that, honestly. Anyway, the forum is gone now, so hopefully we can all move on.

[ February 21, 2004, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: Kid Prime ]

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.