Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » Argh, epileptic attack!

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Argh, epileptic attack!
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
Urk.

The new flashing background looks very cool on my work computer but I logged on last night on my web TV and... eek. Because it's web TV the flashing background doesn't just flash. it means that the entire boards strobe. On, off, on, off. It's a bit scary. It also makes it nigh on impossible to read the boards since they disappear and reappear every couple of seconds.

Basicaly, is there anyway i can turn off the flashing? I don't know if anyone else uses web TV and has the same problem (and since I'm moving at the end of the month and will have regular web access it's not something that i need to put up with for long) but it does mean that of an evening and at the weekend I can't come to Legion World. [Frown]

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
[Frown] It was fun while it lasted. [Frown]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
Aww, I don't wanna spoil any fun (and I *like* the flashing background). There isn't any way I can just set it so that it doesn't flash when I'm using web TV is there?

--------------------

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
It's okay. Things seem speedier now.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Ah well, that's alright then. And the games are back too, yay! I've got quite addicted to a couple of those over the last week or two. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Nightcrawler
Founder

Cool! [Smile]
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
The flashing background was definitely cool but speed has certainly improved with it gone. Too bad, I did like it! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Heh... I could imagine Bevis having "Pokemon seizures" like the Simpsons in Japan episode... [lol]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm. Much quicker on my end too. I wonder if this will end Grey's problems as well.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Just think of the flashes as a "special effect"...
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

It wasn't that far off you know. Really hard to read a message board when you can't actually look at the screen. I tried, didn't work though. It was like being in a club with a really bzarre strobe light. Especially bizarre since i was listening to Mary Chapin Carpenter at the time.

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Sounds like a bad acid trip Bevis. I wonder if Lash had the same problem or doesn't he use webtv anymore?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
It does appear to have ended my problem, as well. Scrolling, typing-input, and animated smilies are back to normal, or at least normal for UBB boards. (A bit slower than other sites with fewer graphics, but not two-thirds slower.)

Animated graphics seem to demand more of the program's attention in Netscape. Only closing all LW.net windows/tabs had helped, even with other sites' windows/tabs open.

I'm sorry I didn't think of that possibility sooner ... but whatever the background was, it didn't even "move" for me. Except for Scott's "flashes" in IE, which I also got.

And as to the thread title, it's literally appropriate. "Strobing" displays on TV and computer screens have been known to trigger seizures. They'd have to be far stronger than this one was, though.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Sounds like a bad acid trip Bevis. I wonder if Lash had the same problem or doesn't he use webtv anymore?

Still on webTV here, loving it still after 4-plus years.

I never noticed any flashing... I must not have been online that day...?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.