Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » Visionaries of Tomorrow HTML Code

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Visionaries of Tomorrow HTML Code
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
For the benefit of Gary and myself should we have to edit the forum's settings, here is the HTML code to force the links to open in a new window.

code:
Go check out these other fun sites:
<a href="http://www.geocities.com/stevelightle/home.html" target=_blank>Steve Lightle's Gallery</a> |
<a href="http://www.jollyrogerstudio.com/" target=_blank>Jolly Roger Studio</a> |
<a href="http://www.nightscrawlers.com/" target=_blank>NightScrawlers.com</a> |
<a href="http://www.ericwight.com/" target=_blank>Eric Wight's Homepage</a> |
<a href="http://www.charleswallaceart.com/" target=_blank>Charles Wallace Art</a> |
<a href="http://www.michaelnetzer.com/" target=_blank>The New Comic Book of Life</a> |
<a href="http://www.pistolwhipcomics.com/jasonhall" target=_blank>Electro-Magnetic Facility</a>

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Do you have to leap this unnecessary coding hurdle every time you add a Legion creator's name, in the Forum Summary, or Website, as in this forum's page? Again, UBB shouldn't be giving you these fits.

(And do you plan to thus add names and sites as creators join LW.net? A nice touch. I hope the Forum Summary blurb doesn't get too unwieldy.)

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
As far as I know, we'll add them as the creators join and they have a site.

And yes, every time that forum is edited in the control panel, the HTML code has to be redone otherwise it reverts to the UBB code. And yes again, it should not have to be that way. If you are using an HTML code-enabled area it should not revert to UBB upon re-entering.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Huh? But I thought UBBcode defaulted to opening in new windows anyway?

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:
Huh? But I thought UBBcode defaulted to opening in new windows anyway?

Nope. It does in posts where you include a link but that is part of their programming. When we insert a link into the actual forum settings through the control panel it just jumps, like the Infopop link found at the bottom of every page. For us to add links directly to the forum we have to go through and add actual HTML code.

You would think that if they made the UBB URL insert code open a separate link when added to posts they would use the same ability when working in the control panel. But I guess I'm expecting too much of them.

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm thinking this is all my fault somehow.

Scott, I'm getting a seperate window when I click on the links in the forum header. I think that I may have forgot to add the target tag when I wrote them out the first time. Was that the problem?

Anyway they do revert to UBB code, but that still opens a new window. I just added Chaim's Help file to the EG intro and I get a seperate window. Could it be a browser issue? I'm lost on this one. [Confused]

Is this one of those it only works for me things or have you already fixed the problem?

[ February 10, 2004, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay. Now I just wrote a test using the [URL] tags and still get a window.

What am I missing here?

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Where are you testing this, Gary? If it's in Netscape, remember that the animated background was giving me fits in that browser, but not you, until you removed it this morning. I'd be happy to compare settings (Netscape 7 location-bar address "about:config") if that would help.
From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

I tested both I.E. and Netscape 7.0. Both worked fine for me.

Are you having the same problem that Scott was having?

Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Nope, that was referring above to UBB generating windows. I was offering to help with your problem {g} ... mine was apparently solved when you removed the animated background.
Nightcrawler
Founder

Right now my problem is not understanding what problem Scott is refering to. *sigh*

I think I'm trying to juggle too many eggs right now. *FOCUS, Gary FOCUS!*

Lightning Lad
Founder

Well you shouldn't be having a problem because I corrected the code earlier and it worked. Prior to that, the links in the Visionaries header were not opening in a separate browser window for me on any of my PC's, home or work.

Of course I'm stubborn and will only use IE. Can't stand Netscape. Though if I could talk my corporate office into it I might consider changing to Opera.

Anyway, there isn't a problem now so maybe something else was causing it.

Nightcrawler
Founder

If that's the case, then I suspect that it was me who forgot the target tag and it's not a board bug.
Lightning Lad
Founder

Well they weren't there originally but when I went back after putting them in all the HTML had reverted to UBB. That's what confuses me. I can't see why it would do that.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.