Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » Foreign Languages (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Foreign Languages
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
I'm not trying to dismiss your idea here, Juan, but the removal of 5 forums recently has lessened my workload of backing up and maintaining the site considerably. Seriously, it was getting tedious. I didn't remove the forums without a good reason. (All posts were absorbed into other forums, BTW.)

I would prefer finding an alternative to having any more forums added. At least in the near future.

I completely understand that. Really. The post above was just an answer to FC's suggestions, not an attempt to restart the debate. We do have some technological boundaries, I can live with that.

One thing I've learned while hanging out around here is that there is obviously a LOT of behind the scenes work for keeping a place like this running properly. I've been thinking about setting up a website for work-related stuff, but I'm worried, because I know litterally nothing about these sorts of things. But I guess neither do most of the people who set up websites, so I'll probably be in good company [Smile] .

Which brings me to my last point: we are incredibly lucky for having you spending your time doing things for Legion World. We really, really, appreciate that. Thanks again.

Juan

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Juan:
For the idea of foreign language forums to work, we would need to go recruit people elsewhere, in foreign language sites. People who are already in Legion World are generally comfortable posting in English, in most cases they prefer posting/reading in English rather in other languages.

Which makes me sorta wonder - if you have to go recruiting people from other-language sites to make it work, why not just discuss the subjects there? All this would seem to really do would be to make G&S's lives harder.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Which brings me to my last point: we are incredibly lucky for having you spending your time doing things for Legion World. We really, really, appreciate that. Thanks again.

Merci!

ˇGracias!

Xie xie!

Spasibo!

Danke!

Salamat!

Mahalo!

Khawp khun!

Efharisto!

Grazie!

(You get the idea. [Wink] )

[ February 22, 2004, 08:08 AM: Message edited by: STU ]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Actually, I like the idea of foriegn language threads and I encourage people to create them. (And recruiting never hurt us, either. [Smile] )

But for now, I think they should be distributed throughout the board. When I have a high-speed connection, I may go back to adding forums. It never hurts to have some pre-made posts to start them off with. *hint hint*

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Oi! Noch jemand, der Deutsch spricht! Eine Ueberraschung nach der andere... Wieso hast Du Deutsch an der Uni gewaehlt, anstatt irgend eine andere Sprache? Warum findest Du Deutsch interessant? Diese Sachen interessieren mich...

Ich habe es gefunden, dass deutsch nicht so schwer ist, wie franzoesich und spanisch zu lernen.
[Big Grin]

[ February 22, 2004, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: He Who Wanders ]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Apfeltorte. [MatterEaterLad]
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Es schmeckt mir gut!

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.