Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » Upload File Form (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Upload File Form
Beast Boy
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beast Boy           Edit/Delete Post     
Works fine in Internet Explorer for a junior member:  -
Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
It's not a browser issue, Changeling, it's a server issue. And, given that the alt that worked is the most "junior" alt I have, whereas the alt that didn't is nearly as old as this account, I suspect it's the earlier (2003) memberships that are disproportionately affected by this bug...

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
But then why can Nightcrawler (2003) upload? I'll play with it this weekend.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
You're user number 1, N.C., and presumably would have uploads in this folder ... but it's empty. I wonder if it's working for you, actually, or whether the UBB system isn't displaying something properly after you make an upload -- even if it "works" as a link. Anyway, thanks for sleuthing this.

Oh, and the striking RozDawnyEagle art in my folder was by a contributor to Fanzing (now Monitor Duty) named "Roz," also known as "Orelinde." But since it was posted originally in a message forum, and not as part of the online fanzine, I couldn't get any other information.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I deleted the Nightcrawler images that I tested with since I don't need to use this system. I kept Beast Boy's to show that it was working for "him."
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
But then why can Nightcrawler (2003) upload? I'll play with it this weekend.

That occurred to me, and that's why I inserted "disproportionately" [Smile] . Maybe it's because you're an admin, or maybe there's a little glitch in some profiles left over from one of the things that happened early on or something.

I'll test it with another couple of alts later...

EDIT: Well, an late-Jul 2003 alt (less than 20 posts) works, but this ID and an early-Jul 2003 alt (greater than 50 posts) don't.

[ August 09, 2006, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R.J. Brande
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for R.J. Brande   Email R.J. Brande         Edit/Delete Post     
My first team -

-

--------------------
The richest man in the Universe!

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R.J. Brande
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for R.J. Brande   Email R.J. Brande         Edit/Delete Post     
I've looked, and looked, and looked.

I don't know what the problem is here.

-

--------------------
The richest man in the Universe!

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

...Nor do I see a discernable difference between Grey and Reboot's files and any of mine. [Confused]
Reboot

Well, I get a "FYI - Unable to determine status. Please inform the board administrators about this error." as Reboot and Somebody. The other IDs I've tested so far work (yeah, the screenshots are in Opera, but that's just convienience. Same whichever browser).

-
 -

--------------------

Nightcrawler
Founder

I realize that some members are getting the "Unable..." message, but I do not see or understand why. There's no reason for it. Grey even used this hack previously. All I did was switch it off months (a year or so?) ago. Then, people complained about the "Upload File Form" link still showing and I removed them. All I did recently was re-add the link and then turn it back on (increasing the limit to 25). Nothing I've done should have made a difference for Grey or anyone else.

So for now, I don't have an answer. I'll let everyone know if/when I ever figure it out.

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The only thing that has changed in the time it has been turned off is the server. Could be something the new server doesn't like about some of the member files.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Gary, I think I reached my max upload, but when I go to delete some files I can't get to the upload manager - the window says 'Bad Request' The Page Cannot Be Found. I'm wondering if this is like a logic error of some sort? I was able to view the upload manager until I think I reached my 15th file upload - after that I can't even reach the manager. Thanks...
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Besides the error, the limit should be 25. I'll look into it.
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Oops I think you're right, I've probably uploaded 25. I blame my irregular number of fingers and toes. Thanks!
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.