Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » user name (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: user name
Phantom Girl
Long Live the Legion!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phantom Girl   Email Phantom Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
I've been sending pms to various moderators in order to get my log in name changed but no one seems to be able to help and most don't respond to the pms I've left them. Can I get some help with this please?

--------------------
I have lived for the Legion and one day I shall die for the Legion.

From: Bgztl | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't believe the log in name can be changed (unlike your "public name" in the profile), but Nightcrawler or Lightning Lad would be the only people here who could tinker with the files. Have you tried PMing them? They might be busy away from the board and not see your message.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I received no PM on this matter.

Your log in name cannot be changed. It's permanent and is hard coded into every topic you've posted into...never to be changed. As FC says you can always change your "public name."

And the Mods only have the ability to modify posts/threads and have no control over your profiles.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phantom Girl
Long Live the Legion!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phantom Girl   Email Phantom Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Ok, thankyou for letting me know.

--------------------

From: Bgztl | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I could change a member's log in name prior to them posting anywhere or using any of the features with no real effects other than me having to change a dozen or so files. Even that would be a real pain in the you know where.

After someone posted/used the features here...I'd still have to change all of those files, but then every post made by that member would be made by the old name and appear as unregistered and your post count would be 0 and basically start you all over.

Unless, I really was bored and had plenty of time to go and edit every topic file and the associated forum files and polls and whatever else you may have used in the message board to the new name. I'm sure I'd still forget some major place where it keeps your log in name and something wouldn't work for that member anymore. Only after all of that would it work, but sorry...I don't have that kind of time. [Smile]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phantom Girl
Long Live the Legion!

I understand. No problem.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.