Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » PM Question

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PM Question
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't see this dealt with elsewhere. Right now I have quite a few sent PM's listed as "unread by recipient" in my profile, mainly from Welcome PM's sent to new members. My PM box is about half full now, and I want to clear out some of the clutter, but I need to know if I delete an unread message on my profile page does it also delete the unread message out of the recipient's box?

I know that on one other board that I frequent there are two separate options, either to recall/delete an unread PM from the recipient's box and to end tracking on a PM without deleting from the recipient's box, but those options don't seem to exist here. I want to get rid of those unread Welcome messages out of my box, but I want them to still be there for the newbies to read when and if they log in.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't extensively tested it, but I believe once a PM is sent, whether it gets read or not, you can't delete it from the other person's PM box.

So the answer is go ahead and delete them.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay.

The PMs are (per a suggestion by EDE awhile back) mainly to point the new guys to their Welcome threads, as they get lost in the MMB pretty quickly, so it's not anything crucial if they do get lost.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Thanks, BTW!!!

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.