Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » So...Recent Visitors

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So...Recent Visitors
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Now we can't see that bar that tells us whose on, anymore?

[ October 24, 2005, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Sorry. When the server's computer is slow, due probably more to the other sites on the server and not Legion World, the first two things to go are the polls and the recent visitors, along with the last posts being out of synch.

I recently discussed with Scott and Michael and Jeff, that we should turn this feature off to avoid that dreaded error message should the server start slowing down. Hopefully, it'll help. I'll restore it when things seem to get back to normal.

This time, I shut down the polling feature to see if it helped as well.

Also, I went to Google and re-uped our leave-us-alone listing.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
aww...what a tragedy...

--------------------

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, things seem to be getting back to normal, so I'm re-instating the polls.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

And the Recent Visitors.

I'd rather have those two turned off than the forums be closed with an error message like this -

quote:
An error has occurred:

Can't use string ("1") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at ubb_lib_pntf.cgi line 501.

Please inform the board administration of this error so that they may fix the problem. Thank you!

Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Whose this HASH that's causing error messages? Is that LASH's stoner half-twin brother?
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

It's sucks not having them, but I agree, it's better than the boards.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
Whose this HASH that's causing error messages? Is that LASH's stoner half-twin brother?

Sometimes I hang out over at Hash's place and we order pizzas and watch cartoons!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tempest:

it's so much harder to stalk people without it..... [Big Grin]
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by disaster boy:
quote:
Originally posted by Tempest:

it's so much harder to stalk people without it..... [Big Grin]
At least you fine folk are within "stalking" distance of each other... [LOL]
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.