Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » Time display (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Time display
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
The "Current Time" is no longer displaying, for me, on the main page, and hasn't been for several days.

Has that feature been turned off? And if not, is it susceptible to the drift among PowWeb servers that's been responsible for other features not updating on the main page at the same time?

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Nope. It's more likely the snow effect which stopped the news fader too, so I turned it off.

I'll see what I can do to fix it when I have some free time.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I forgot that the clock javascript was embedded in the news fader. Unfortunately, I can't get the news fader to work with the snow.

So, it'll just be a blank box for as long as we keep the snow effect.

[ December 19, 2005, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Whatever you may have done most recently, I'm now getting the clock display again, along with the snow effect, but not the news fader. Should that be happening?
From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Answered in my message above ^.
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

I can't parse your message above. You seem to be saying that the clock display is a "blank box," but I'm now getting it anyway, along with the snow. What is supposed to be happening?

(Offered in the nature of a bug report, o'course. That it may be showing up differently may indicate something useful.)

Nightcrawler
Founder

The news fader is not working and will be a "blank box" so that the clock (which uses the same js file) will work.

When I turn off the news fader the clock doesn't work. It's turned on, thus the clock is working. I cannot get the news fader to work at this time however, thus it appears as a "blank box."

Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Can't you split the relavent JavaScript file?

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
Can't you split the relavent JavaScript file?

I can and was going to...BUT...I was planning on trying to determine the cause for the interference and thus felt that it would be easier to just turn on the news fader so that the time displays. And I can then later (as I have time) play around with the code to get the fader to show.

I'm seriously rethinking this tactic. *WHEW!*

Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
I forgot that the clock javascript was embedded in the news fader.

I hate it when that happens.

This forum makes me feel really stupid.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
For what it's worth Gary, I've also noticed (both at home and on my computer at work) that the main forum page deosn't seem to be updating properly. The "recent posts" box (island?) doesn't update unless I log out and log back in although the actuall forum boxes do.

Not sure if I'm expalining that properly [Frown]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
For what it's worth Gary, I've also noticed (both at home and on my computer at work) that the main forum page deosn't seem to be updating properly. The "recent posts" box (island?) doesn't update unless I log out and log back in although the actuall forum boxes do.

Not sure if I'm expalining that properly [Frown]

I'm not sure if thats a problem with the island or with PowWeb's caching. I've noticed that, at work, I can almost never get the island to update but have no problem at home. The only difference (besides my ISP) is I use FireFox at home and IE at work.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm....I use IE at work and Netscape at home so it doesn't seem to be the browsers.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

It's a caching problem and nothing we can do about it. Sorry. [Frown]
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

I can get the Recent Posts to update, as is occasionally needed, by clicking Reload. (Once in a while it takes a "forced" reload, with Shift and clicking Reload.)
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.