Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » Back to the DCMB scheme or not? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Back to the DCMB scheme or not?
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Who here likes the reversion to the oldDCMB colour scheme, and who doesn't? Vote now!

Polling is not enabled in this forum. This poll is inactive.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Doesn't matter too much to me... I'm pretty easygoing when it comes to things like this. I think all the schemes have been fine.

(But if you make LW look like the new DC boards... watch out!!! [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] )

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Gerard!

I can understand your attachment to the color scheme that you created, but really?

As of 6:00PM board time, 7 members voted. 5 of them were you or variations thereof! [Roll Eyes]

I need to think of some sort of reward for Stu and icefire. [Smile]

(Did I mention the omnipotence? [Big Grin] )

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Using Alt ID's to throw a vote. How Republican!
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:

whisper whisper whisper

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
{ Using Alt ID's to throw a vote. How Republican! }

You've never looked at a Chicago election, or you wouldn't say that. Even some still-breathing Republicans can't vote in Chicago. A lot of Dems who aren't breathing do, though. {g}

Oh, and I find the new schema, with visited links in gold, much easier to see.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
What new colour scheme?

My monitor must be so messed up. I don't really care anyways, as long as it's readable.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Greybird:
{ Using Alt ID's to throw a vote. How Republican! }

Even some still-breathing Republicans can't vote in Chicago. {g}

The question is; what do those Republicans breathe?

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Was the board down earlier on? I tried to reply, got a "File Not Found" message when I hit Post, then on every page for a while after that (the threshold included)

quote:
Gerard!

I can understand your attachment to the color scheme that you created, but really?

As of 6:00PM board time, 7 members voted. 5 of them were you or variations thereof! [Roll Eyes]

(Did I mention the omnipotence? [Big Grin] )

I'd actually forgotten how many IDs I'd registered [Smile] [this one, my main ID @ another MB, Sanity or Madness (no "?"), "Alt ID to test the problem" or somesuch from that time (well, *A* time) the board went kablooey, and one I registered purely because you started restricting alt IDs [Smile] ]

And, I'm sort of getting used to it again, but I've never been overly attached to this scheme (fact is, I initally hated it). And in the one change you made to the basic template, well - remember what I said when you tried yellow text @ the old test board?

And aren't you giving Rob's Boyz another opportunity to slag us anyway [BTW - what was that bit he had done allowing you to choose between multiple schemes?]

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:

Did you ACTUALLY compare me to that fetid peice of shit in the not-so-White House?

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey SoM? Your so cute when you say things like piece of shit!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:
Was the board down earlier on? I tried to reply, got a "File Not Found" message when I hit Post, then on every page for a while after that (the threshold included)

And, I'm sort of getting used to it again, but I've never been overly attached to this scheme (fact is, I initally hated it). And in the one change you made to the basic template, well - remember what I said when you tried yellow text @ the old test board?

And aren't you giving Rob's Boyz another opportunity to slag us anyway [BTW - what was that bit he had done allowing you to choose between multiple schemes?]

First, the down time was due to PowWeb changing our IP address with no notice. [sarcasm]Thanks, PowWeb.[/sarcasm] [Mad]

The yelow text is being well recieved. It's easier to see and distinguish than the red. I'm a traditionalist. I love the pre-boot and although I enjoyed your color scheme too, it didn't feel like home to me. Scott and I set out to recreate some of the magic and allure of the original DCMB and we'd like to go back to that.

As far as the Rob comment, it was directed to the images and not the color scheme. I thought I had wanted a wholesale change but, I've decided to merge the two.

And the templates for individual users called Colorforums by the guy who created them is a hack. And we all know how hacks go over around here. [Roll Eyes] Maybe when I stop chatting away and start working around here, I can figure it all out.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

quote:
The yelow text is being well recieved. It's easier to see and distinguish than the red. I'm a traditionalist. I love the pre-boot and although I enjoyed your color scheme too, it didn't feel like home to me. Scott and I set out to recreate some of the magic and allure of the original DCMB and we'd like to go back to that.

Well, if you're adament, and not goign to change, can you at LEAST lighten the grey links? I have to strain @ the best of times but they're completely unreadable on this monitor.

*recalls your "low-rent DCMB" crack from before...*

quote:
And the templates for individual users called Colorforums by the guy who created them is a hack. And we all know how hacks go over around here. [Roll Eyes] Maybe when I stop chatting away and start working around here, I can figure it all out.
*notices the recent posts on the front page*
Looks like you've tried @ least one hack on this server...

[ November 07, 2003, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: Sanity or Madness? ]

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:

Did you ACTUALLY compare me to that fetid peice of shit in the not-so-White House? [/QB]
Actually I was watching an episode of the Simpsons when they freed Sideshow Bob to be Mayor and he stuffed the ballot box. I thought it was fitting. [Big Grin]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
quote:
*notices the recent posts on the front page*
Looks like you've tried @ least one hack on this server... [/QB]

The island is not a hack. It is an actual part of the UBB that just doesn't quite work the same on PowWeb. Even adding pictures with links to it isn't a hack as it all goes in the allowable HTML space provided by the software.
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Abin Quank:
The question is; what do those Republicans breathe?

Fire.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.