Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » NOTICE! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: NOTICE!
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm just wondering - is there any way you can hack the L* (e.g.  - ) icons so that closed polls (for which the topic they're attached to is still replyable-to) have a different icon, since right now there's no way to tell the difference [unless the person running the poll edits the title]?

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:
I'm just wondering - is there any way you can hack the L* (e.g.  - ) icons so that closed polls (for which the topic they're attached to is still replyable-to) have a different icon, since right now there's no way to tell the difference [unless the person running the poll edits the title]?

Short answer is I dunno. I'll look into it though. Thanks for the suggestion. [Smile]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Gary, just let me know how you want to proceed...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
...thanks, Danny.

Okay, boys and girls, all open polls are being featured at this time. All of the (previously) open-ended polls will be ending at 3:30pm (board time) on Wednesday, August 27th. If you want to vote in any of them, please do so before then. Later that night, all the ended polls will be unfeatured and I will open up the creation of polls to the general populace again.

That's right! All of you will be given the opportunity to create a poll if you so decide without asking for permission first. However, there are now guidelines that you will be asked to follow. Those who choose to ignore those rules will not only lose the ability to make polls, but will also no longer be able to vote in any polls on this site. So, I highly suggest following the rules. [Wink]

Guidelines: Since there's no other way around it, all open polls will be featured by the founders or advisors, until shortly after the close date. All polls are to be made with a close date (if one is not given or you forgot - a close date will be assigned). The time limit of the poll is up to the author, but based on the next rule, I'd suggest not having your poll last too long. Do not make a another poll until after your previous one has ended. Exceptions can only be approved by either me or Scott (Founders/Advisors of the PCM will be excempt to this rule).

Any questions should be directed here. Thanks.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Reep, ne: BBZ, ne: Time Trapper....

I finally get over here for some of your madness, and you run out on me?

Oh, Woe!

Alas and alack!

Sayitaintso!

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Misquoting Arnold Schwarzenegger:

He'll be back.

(Probably under an alt ID.)

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
All the outstanding polls have closed. I'll open this forum up for new polls later on tonight. Thanks.

[Smile]

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, it's tonight. [Smile] The polling feature is back!

Make 'em if ya got 'em. One at a time please, I don't want to punish anyone right away. [Smile]

Reep
Resigned

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, this topic here went to the top of the non-sticky topics without an update after I posted the below notice in Sci-Pol HQ about a current problem here in PCm. So whether or not it's intended for my notice, I'll re-post it here:

"The new colored bars in Poll results are beautiful and they're representational organization (red reprensents highest response down to green being lowest) is really great!

However, it appears they or something have caused a problem with the percentages. The highest votes, even though less than all votes cast are showing "100%" of votes cast.

I checked Personality Poll #2 & Best & Worst Poll. It also in my closed Personality Poll # 1.

What is happening is that the highest vote getter's amount is being assumed as total votes cast (100%), and all others are keying off that amount in their percentages, not the actual votes cast.

Example: if 10 total votes actually cast, and leader has 6 votes, then a choice with 3 votes is showing 50% rather than 33%."

Reep

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

I just check's SorM's "Waid & Kitson" Poll and the problem is not there. I'm guessing since it's the newest Poll, it may have been created after the color-bar change and possibly related percentage problem.
Reep
Resigned

SorM, I saw your response in SPHQ. So I checked others beside mine.

Uh, we have a bigger problem here perhaps.

Who killed JFK and Election Polls have the problem, but Frog Kid's Which Legion for Alex Ross Poll doesn't have it.

I had checked the JFK poll first and then thought it was only polls with a long Choices List with the problem, but Election only has 5 choices and it shows a 100% on the leader. Yet the Alex Ross poll has 5 choices(IIRC) and there's no 100%-leader there.

Will check around some more.

Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Thought - were the messed-up polls date corrected? I KNOW the JFK one was, and a quick check shows the election thread was too.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Feel free to delete my polls (all should be closed by now)

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

If you're referring to closetime changed Polls, I don't think Election was changed, my Run-Off poll was [habven't checked that yet.] And I think my Personality Poll # 1 didn't have any closetime changes.

Still checking. Sudro's Should he stay.. POll is tied with only two choices and both show 50%.

Reboot

quote:
Originally posted by Reep:
I don't think Election was changed,

It was - look @ the thread itself.

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.