Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » New function graemlins/icons

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New function graemlins/icons
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks to Gary for creating those new, witty, and quite useful animated graemlins/icons for the top-of-posting-entry set of message functions.

The text describing each function has, to me, long been needed, especially to demystify things for newcomers -- as one whom I've invited here has told me. But I've been reluctant to say anything, given the huge amount of graphic originality shown on this site. The old icons could be figured out, especially if one knew Legion lore, but these do the job notably better.

(And I don't mean to assume that Gary created all of them, if others had a hand in it. It's just that he's apparently done the lion's share of past graemlins. Any other creators, please speak up!)

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
T'was me, thanks Steve!

I was making some Titan-related ones and decided to "upgrade" the Legion ones as well. I did remember that several people (including yourself) have requested some way to identify what each icon was. This was my attempt to help in some way.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
To be honest, I always had to hover my mouse over the icons and see what URL was listed at the bottom of my screen to know what the buttons meant. They were pretty and all, but I had no idea. [Confused]

So these new ones rock! Thanks Gary! [Cool]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Speaking of new graemlins, I'd like to see this one-- :HeadsWillRoll:

Pantha's head rolls across the screen, leaving a trail of blood. To be used by mods and founders when laying down the law!

Please? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
First... EW!

Second... not only is Pantha not Legion-related, she's barely Titans-related to do it officially.

There's always this one... [A.I.-11 - Darius]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
How about this, then: Lash's Disembodied Head rolling (minus the trail of blood [Wink] )

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
[Persuader]
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
*Ahem*! Konk!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beagz
5 of 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beagz   Email Beagz         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow - looks like a LOT of things have changed around here!!!!!!!

--------------------
You can never quit believiing in your dreams ... or yourself.
-----
You GOTTA listen to Levi Kreis.

From: Aggieland | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.