Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » Why can I not...

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why can I not...
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Upload a picture to the album.

I do the log in thing, but it still will not let me.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
When you log in, do you erase the old "password" and then add your own?

If so, then I don't know what the issue is. I'll look into it when I have some time.

If, not, then you have to delete the given password completely and replace it with your own.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
I've had the same problem-- even with deleting the password and trying to use (what I think is) mine.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
It appears that the album corrupted some files on the board.

I'll try to figure this out this weekend, but I have a feeling I may have to dump the album feature altogether.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Ok. I just successfully uploaded a picture.
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
It still says it cannot validate me or something.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

I just did it again. No problem in my Beast Boy ID.

You have to delete the password that it provides totally (it's long) and then replace it with your own.

Dev - Em
KIA

Did that. I'll try again the next time I'm on.
Nightcrawler
Founder

You may have to delete your browser's cookies as well, first. It could be that the one for the album is corrupted.
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Do be sure, folks, to choose an album password that's DIFFERENT from your LW.net password, and not a crucial one in other respects.

That's because the album password is stored as UN-encrypted text in your Cookies file (Firefox / Mozilla / Netscape) or as an Internet Shortcut. This isn't the usual practice. Anyone who knows how to tweak cookies and who browses on your computer could find it.

(NC, will the album passwords-in-cookies become encrypted, however weakly, on some newer release of the software? Or are you still considering replacing the software entirely? The un-encryption is one reason why I withdrew my album, at least for the time being.)

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

You can't choose a different password. It has to be the same as the message boards.

Also, the author is adamant that the album does encrypt the password (yes, I know it does not) and has not been updating the software.

I do plan to do away with the program, but I am not in a position to replace it with anything else yet and thus, please use the album at your own risk.

It's there for people to use if they accept the situation, but is not necessary for using the message board.

[ June 18, 2006, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the update. I thought it might be worse than I remembered. *sigh*

I don't leave an un-aliased password anywhere on my computer in plain text. It's too damn dangerous. (The alias scheme is entirely in my head, except for cryptic memory-jogging notes about it.)

Nor do I print them out in plain text, except for a list placed in the safe deposit box with the backup CD-Rs. (So that In The Event Of, etc., matters of my accounts can be dealt with properly.)

I just remembered! I've gotta find the about:config switch in Firefox that disallows the display of stored passwords. I know I've run across mentions of it.

[ June 18, 2006, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: Greybird ]

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.