Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » This annoying slowness/error (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: This annoying slowness/error
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Up until tonight, I couldn't get on at all. That's why I was absent these last few nights.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
And also, the search function doesn't work on any of the Legion World boards.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Was LW down - not erroring, hard down - for anyone else for a few hours there?

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Was for me. Kept getting Gateway search page saying "not found".

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
All I wanted for Christmas was a server that worked.

So much for that idea.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Please do me and yourself a favor and save ("save page as..." or "save as...") your private messages that are important for you to save.

I'm not sure if they will survive the upcoming move/upgrade. And they are the only things that I know I will not be able to try and salvage afterward if there is an issue.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
BTW, on the profile pages, I don't think it's meant to be "Member (if any) who referred you to Legi:" [Smile]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Please do me and yourself a favor and save ("save page as..." or "save as...") your private messages that are important for you to save.

I'm not sure if they will survive the upcoming move/upgrade. And they are the only things that I know I will not be able to try and salvage afterward if there is an issue.

Got an approximate time frame for us to work with to plan this saving, Nighty?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Sorry, there is no date for the move at this time.

But, it'll have to happen within the next week. Whenever the stars align enough for me to get everything done. I'll give some notice then about us closing, but I wanted everyone to get a chance to save the stuff that I can't guarantee saving as I'm unsure how PMs will translate with Threads and have no way of checking if everyone's PMs made it through the transition.

Nightcrawler
Founder

FYI, I'm suspending new registrations in preparation of the move.

I'll probably suspend new posts later tonight.

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
What's the best way to save PMs?

Someone posted instructions for saving threads back before the old DC board got yanked -- it was easy and I copied dozens. But it's been years (4 1/2, can you believe it?) and I don't remember how anymore....

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
FYI, I'm suspending new registrations in preparation of the move.

I'll probably suspend new posts later tonight.

I think this is something to post in BIG LETTERS on the main page, rather than in an SPHQ thread...

quote:
Originally posted by Thriftshop Debutante:
What's the best way to save PMs?

Someone posted instructions for saving threads back before the old DC board got yanked -- it was easy and I copied dozens. But it's been years (4 1/2, can you believe it?) and I don't remember how anymore....

Unless the posts have images you specifically want to keep in them, use the Down them all extension for Firefox and save them in one fell swoop from the profile page. Otherwise, you're saving them one-by-one.

And what about the images in http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ubb_upload.cgi

--------------------

Nightcrawler
Founder

[EDIT: In response to TD.]

Well, there are numerous ways to do so.

I use Internet Explorer cause it saves even the images involved if you save it as an ".mht" file. You can also save as ".htm/.html" and it'll grab the images from the web.

In I.E., click on "Page" and then choose "save as..." Then click "save" and on to the next one.

In Firefox, click "File" then "Save Page As..." and then pick your poison. Also, in Firefox, you'll have to rename it each time. I.E. does it for you.

Does that help? Chances are everything will translate over. I just don't know if switching to Threads will purge anything if the other person has deleted a PM or whatever. I just want everyone to take precautions as I'd have to find a way to re-create my back up Classic LW somewhere for a person to grab a PM after all of the changes take place.

I'm currently going to try and just move this Classic Board first (despite the limitations) and then, once that works. I may (or may not) upgrade. If I wait to Upgrade after 7.3 is released (currently it's 7.2.2) then I won't have to hack (and figure out how to hack) as much to get what we already have with Classic.

[ December 27, 2007, 09:10 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

Nightcrawler
Founder

Reboot, SPHQ needs the attention.

And everything is going over. I'm just not sure how well everything will pan out if/when we upgrade to Threads. Precautions is all.

Nightcrawler
Founder

To ensure that PMs do make it to the "other side," I've decided to turn them off tomorrow evening and will try to move us tomorrow night.

Unless, you guys think I should hold out because of the various Legion issues coming out tomorrow.

Let me know what's better...a bad server causing mayhem and frustration or a temp (unknown amount of time) shut down to move to a good server.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.