Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » Main Page

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Main Page
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Has everyone seen the main Legion World page.

Very nicely done guys...take a bow.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
do you mean the main index page ??

or are you seeing something different ??

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:
do you mean the main index page ??

or are you seeing something different ??

Matthew.

Go to This Page

To be honest, it never occurred to me to look there. That was pretty cool.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
It looks awesome -- and very good use of both interlac and threshold technology...

BUT

" YOU'RE Threshold is ready" [Frown]

Quoth Ross Geller "y-o-u-r is "your", y-o-u apostrophe r-e is "you are " ... I'm just sayin' [Smile]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
thanks Princess !!!

that main page is very cool !!! i like the SFX !!!

and a great image by Olivier Coipel!!!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
It looks awesome -- and very good use of both interlac and threshold technology...

BUT

" YOU'RE Threshold is ready" [Frown]

Quoth Ross Geller "y-o-u-r is "your", y-o-u apostrophe r-e is "you are " ... I'm just sayin' [Smile]

Okay Ross. I get the hint. I never said I was an English major. Just blame it on a quickly thrown together page and no sleep. I will correct my error soon.

I'm glad you all seem to like it. We wanted something a little more snazzy but since this seems to be meeting with general approval I'll leave good enough alone.

After I correct my horrendous spelling. [Wink]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
When I think about it more, the things that's great about that page is that even though it's a great piece of art, it's something you'd never think twice about when flipping through the book. You've elevated it to a near iconic image. Coipel should be proud to be so honored.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
That image has stuck with me since it was printed. It is kind of simple when you think about it but just the look and feel of it is so right. And the single word, "Home", makes it perfect. It has to be one of my favorites by Olivier even though no Legionnaires are featured. I knew I had to use it when Gary came up with the idea to call this place Legion World.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
As much funas I am having turning the Board upside down, It's 5pm, and (THANK-GOD) time to leave work. I have a Fire Dept. meeting tonight, so I'll be back to bring you more of these oldie goldies later on tonight.

TA

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
You're just trying to hit the 750-post mark, aren't you Port [Razz]

And I could have sworn Scott or Gary momentarily suggested putting a Flash applet on the front page and I went momentarily nuts about it [Razz]

[NB: My opinion on that still holds - the current page is functional and nice to look at. And a heck of a lot quicker to load than a similar Flash applet would have been]

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
That image has stuck with me since it was printed. It is kind of simple when you think about it but just the look and feel of it is so right. And the single word, "Home", makes it perfect. It has to be one of my favorites by Olivier even though no Legionnaires are featured. I knew I had to use it when Gary came up with the idea to call this place Legion World.

Didn't you say recently you'd BOUGHT that page (i.e. the original art)?

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.