Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Random Legion Quotes (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 65 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  63  64  65   
Author Topic: Random Legion Quotes
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Can't believe someone hasn't started this thread already (or maybe I just couldn't find it) I remember this trivia game as being quite fun from the old DC boards. Here's how you play...

First poster (that would be me [Big Grin] ) posts a Legion quote (leaving out any reference to names). Everyone else tries to identify the person being quoted and who they are speaking to or the situation they are in.

The person that supplies the correct answer provides the next quote.

To get the ball rolling I'll start with a fairly recent quote that should be rather easy

"I've always had faith in the legacy, (name). Maybe the truth is a disappointment!"

[ February 15, 2008, 09:09 AM: Message edited by: Kent Shakespeare ]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Cosmic Boy to Ferro about Superboy in Legion 27 [Big Grin] Great game, Varalent!

"Time belongs to all who've ever lived, and all who ever shall! You'll not possess it as long as I live!"

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Um, is it time for a hint? Okay, this quote came from a future version of a Legionnaire.

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
That sounds maddeningly familiar, but I can't place it! Can we have another hint? [Smile]
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Okay, this quote was said by a Legionnaire who has since been altered in some way. That should at least narrow the field down a bit, if not by much [Big Grin]

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm guessing it was said by Zoe but I can't place to whom or when.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Nope, it wasn't said by Zoe, but Zoe was present when it was said. Also, another clue. The quote appeared in a reboot issue, and all the members of the team at that time took part in the adventure except two, and the costumes of those two sport the same color.

--------------------

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Brainiac 5 to the Time Trapper?
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Nope. Guess this must be obscure... Another hint. Three famous super-powered relatives of a Legionnaire appeared in this issue.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Another hint, the person who said this quote was not present when the Legion officially reformed. If no one gets this by tomorrow I'll change the quote. Sorry, I hope I haven't stalled the game too long!

--------------------

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
XS?
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Nope, but XS was ALSO present when the quote was said.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Another hint. Lori Morning was heavily involved in the story in which this quote appeared.

--------------------

lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
This sure sounds like something Chronos would say.
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

It does, but it wasn't Chronos who said it. However, he ALSO appeared in the issue in which this was said. Man, this is becoming quite a party! [Big Grin]

--------------------

This topic comprises 65 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  63  64  65   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.