Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Legion TV Tome

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Legion TV Tome
Astrid Seahorse
Green Lantern Core

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Astrid Seahorse           Edit/Delete Post     
[Emerald Empress] I'll take the characters from treasured TV programs of yore and you recast them with Legionnaires &/or related characters in the Legion franchise.

Tonight's program is The Facts of Life, which aired from August 1979-September 1988. Since it was such a long-running series you can recast everyone or choose a cast from a specific era of the program. If you'd like to flesh it out give some reasons for your Legion-style recast.

Main Cast:
MRS. EDNA GARRETT (1979-1986, played by Charlotte Rae)
NATALIE GREEN (1979-1988, played by Mindy Cohn)
DOROTHY "TOOTIE" RAMSEY (1979-1988, played by Kim Fields)
BLAIR WARNER (1979-1988, played by Lisa Whelchel)
JOANNE "JOE" POLNIACZEK (1980-1988, played by Nancy McKeon)

Early Extras:
MISS EMILY MAHONEY (1979, played by Jenny O'Hara)
MR. STEVEN BRADLEY (1979-1980, played by John Lawlor) Eastland headmaster
NANCY OLSON (1979-1980, played by Felice Schachter) All-American girl who fawned over her boyfriend "George"
MOLLY PARKER (1979-1980, played by Molly Ringwald) future Bratpacker, cute Eastland cipher
SUE ANN WEAVER (1979-1980, played by Julie Piekarski) Blair's rival before Jo
CINDY WEBSTER (1979-1980, played by Julie Anne Haddock) pigtail-wearing tomboy & athlete

Late Additions:
KELLY AFFINADO (1983-1984, played by Pamela Segall)
KEVIN METCALF (1985, played by Ryan Cassidy)
GEORGE BURNETT (1985-1986, played by George Clooney) neighborly handyman
ANDY MOFFET (1985-1988, played by MacKenzie Astin) precocious young man
BEVERLY ANN STICKLE (1986-1988, played by Cloris Leachman) Mrs. Garrett's sister
PIPPA McKENNA (1987-1988, played by Sherrie Krenn)

Note: Blair had a cousin with Cerebral Palsy but tvtome.com didn't list the actress or character's names. It's a disrespectful oversight in my opinion.

Depending on how much response this thread engenders, I'll post the next program to cast this Sunday night, Sep. 19th or Monday night, Sep. 20th [Emerald Empress]

[ September 17, 2004, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: Eye Lash Lass ]

--------------------
Visit Myriad's Legion of Alt-IDs in Bits and LW Directory in the MMB

From: Delegate of Lythyl, the Omega Colony | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Geri Jewell played Blair's cousin, Geri Tyler.

I watched "Facts of Life" only sporadically (what can I say? It was a chick show. [Smile] ), so I'm only familiar with the main cast. Herewith is my recasting:

BLAIR: Saturn Girl

Not only because she's blonde, but because Imra's bossiness in LOST would make a decent equivalent to Blair's snobbishness.

JO: Umbra

Someone who gets under the other characters' skin.

TOOTIE: XS

Because of her size and spunkiness, Tootie always epitomized the kid sister, to me. Same with Jenni.

NATALIE: Apparition

A tough call. It's tempting to give Chuck a sex-change operation for the role, but that would be too obvious. Natalie was a girl who wasn't as attractive as the others and had to rely on her personality. I equate that with Tinya being the one other Legionnaires felt they could talk to.

MRS. GARRETT: Mysa the postboot witch.

We really need a mature female character in the Legion, don't we? Still, Mysa (before she became young again) would do a good job of caring for her young charges and keeping them in line, so long as she didn't force them to search for the Emerald Eye.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astrid Seahorse
Green Lantern Core

[Emerald Empress] Thank you HWW for the Geri Jewell info. I'm a Nick at Nite/TV Land freak. (insomnia sucks)

I'll cast the first season girls' school with (mostly) Archie Legionnaires.

MRS. GARRETT = Shvaughn Erin (protective, mentoring, redheaded - age her a little more with makeup but she doesn't quite have the bazooms for Mrs. G.)

BLAIR = Imra is the best choice (space hussy!) but I'll give the nod to Jeckie as I'm sure she could pull off the "princess" attitude.

NATALIE = (Remember I said Legionnaires or anyone in Legion lore) Bouncing Boy's old girlfriend Iresa. [Iresa]

TOOTIE = XS is just too perfect not to cast in this role. Plus her speed and the roller skates would be cool!

SUE ANN = This character was a lite version of Jo Polniaczek, intended to be the foil to Blair's snobbish attitude. I'll cast playful Kinetix because she's not afraid to get her hands dirty. (usually in the search of power but that's another story)

CINDY = Tomboyish Ayla can play this yokelish good sport

NANCY = *groans* Tinya will be on the phone mooning over Jo - as always [Disgusting]

MOLLY = Vi can revert to type and play this cute cipher

MR. BRADLEY = Marla Latham, natch! [Emerald Empress]

--------------------

From: Delegate of Lythyl, the Omega Colony | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astrid Seahorse
Green Lantern Core

[Emerald Empress] Okay, I'm not gonna set dates to post new programs, but instead just do them when the mood strikes. Feel free to continue casting The Facts of Life or move on to today/tonight's program...

Angel, which aired from 1999-2004 on the WB.

Cast
ANGEL (1999-2004, played by David Boreanaz) Vamp turned Champion

CORDELIA CHASE (1999-2003, played by Charisma Carpenter) aspiring actress turned 1/2 demon agent of The Powers That Be

ALAN/ALLEN FRANCIS DOYLE (1999, played by Glenn Quinn) original 1/2 demon agent of The Powers That Be

WESLEY WYNDHAM-PRICE (2000-2004, played by Alexis Denisof) Watcher turned Demon Hunter

CHARLES GUNN (2000-2004, played by J. August Richards) Gangbanger turned Demon Hunter

WINIFRED "FRED" BURKLE/ILLYRIA (2001-2004, played by Amy Acker) nerdy scientist turned Demon Goddess

CONNOR (2002-2003, played by Vincent Kartheiser) miracle child born of two Vamps

LORNE (2003-2004, played by Andy Hallett) lounge singing Demon

SPIKE (2003-2004, played by James Marsters) Vamp turned Ghost turned Vamp

HARMONY KENDALL (2004, played by Mercedes McNab) Vamp vixen [Emerald Empress]

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
After I thought about it, Monstress would also make a good Natalie.

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

"Angel" is another show I watched only sporadically (it just didn't have the zip of "Buffy"). But here goes for the characters I'm most familiar with:

ANGEL = Ultra Boy

Jo Nah would certainly fill in the beefy, savior-of-the-night role. Perhaps the space whale meat that gives him his powers also creates a darker urge -- a need for human flesh, instead of blood?

CORDELIA = Phantom Girl

Both are dark-haired, and Tinya could easily be a shallow snob, considering who her mother was, postboot. Only problem is, people would expect Jo and Tinya to always get together, but the sexual tension between them could be exaccerbated by Jo's cravings for human flesh.

DOYLE = Ferro Lad

Born to die, baby, born to die.

WESLEY = Kent Shakespeare

They both wore glasses (at least Wesley used to).

CHARLES GUNN = Blok

Why does every gangbanger on TV have to be black? At least Blok is a former bad guy turned hero.

FRED = Shrinking Violet

From shy girl to science nerd, an easy transition.

SPIKE = Timber Wolf

The postbook rivalry between Jo and Brin is too good to pass up.

--------------------

Astrid Seahorse
Green Lantern Core

[Emerald Empress] I was shocked to picture Monstress as Natalie because I think Natalie was probably my favorite character. But then I thought about it and Monstress, though not pretty, had the sweetest greatest personality. Very Natalie Green (emphasis on the color green!)

You should be a casting agent HWW! Your Angel cast is awesome & I'll have to think about it so as not to duplicate your first-rate picks [Emerald Empress]

--------------------

Component Lad
Philosopher - Stoned

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Component Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
[Element Lad] Here's a quick and easy one. Tonight's program is The Wild, Wild West which aired on CBS from 1965 to 1969.

CAST:
ARTEMUS GORDON (1965-69, played by Ross Martin)
JAMES T. WEST (1965-69, played by Robert Conrad)
JEREMY PIKE (1968-69, played by Charles Aidman)

I saw the Will Smith movie but I've never seen this program before. I have no idea who the character of Jeremy Pike is in relation to the other two. Anyone wanna cast? [Element Lad]

--------------------

From: Delegate of Trom | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

ARTEMUS GORDON = Chameleon

Both are disguise artists.

JIM WEST = M'Onel

Dashing, rugged, a true "super" hero, so why not?

I don't know who Jeremy Pike was, either, but one character who should be on this list is Dr. Miles Loveless, the recurring nemesis played by diminutive Michael Dunne.

DR. LOVELESS = Mxyzptlk's descendent (from ADVENTURE # 310)

Mxy was short, of course, but also deadly. He killed most of the Legionnaires before being sent back to the fifth dimension, whereup the magical deaths were reversed.

--------------------

Obsidian Lass
Total Black Out

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Obsidian Lass           Edit/Delete Post     
[Umbra] On this critically acclaimed drama about a top Los Angeles law firm, some of the best battles take place outside of the courtroom. In the bedroom, in the courtroom, or at McKenzie, Brackman, Chaney & Kuzak's staff meetings, the firm's ambitious, competitive attorneys confront conflict between their own desires, their obligations as attorneys, and their principles as human beings.

That's right. Tonight's program is L.A. Law which aired on NBC from 1986-1994.

CAST:
ANN KELSEY (played by Jill Eikenberry)
ARNIE BECKER (played by Corbin Bernsen)
DOUGLAS BRACKMAN, JR. (played by Alan Rachins)
LELAND McKENZIE (played by Richard A. Dysart)
STUART MARKOWITZ (played by Michael Tucker)
ABBY PERKINS (Episodes 1-106, played by Michele Greene)
MICHAEL KUZAK (Episodes 1-106, played by Harry Hamlin)
VICTOR SIFUENTES (Episodes 1-106; recurring in Episodes 119, 128, played by Jimmy Smits)
ROXANNE MELMAN (Episodes 1-150; recurring in Episode 159, played by Susan Ruttan)
GRACE VAN OWEN (Episodes 3-128, played by Susan Dey)
JONATHAN ROLLINS (Episodes 24-172, played by Blair Underwood)
BENNY STULWICZ (Episodes 44-172; recurring in Episodes 18-43, played by Larry Drake)
GWEN TAYLOR (Episodes 85-150, played by Sheila Kelley)
C. J. LAMB (Episodes 88-128, played by Amanda Donohoe)
TOMMY MULLANEY (Episodes 90-172, played by John Spencer)
FRANK KITTREDGE (Episodes 107-126, played by Michael Cumpsty)
SUSAN BLOOM (Episodes 107-128, played by Conchata Ferrell)
DANIEL MORALES (Episodes 129-162, played by A. Martinez)
MELINA PAROS (Episodes 138-149; recurring in Episodes 135-137, played by Lisa Zane)
DENISE IANELLO (Episodes 151-172, played by Debi Mazar)
ELI LEVINSON (Episodes 151-172, played by Alan Rosenberg)
JANE HALLIDAY (Episodes 151-172, played by Alexandra Powers)

ZOEY CLEMMONS (1991-92, recurring otherwise, played by Cecil Hoffman) [Umbra]

--------------------

From: Delegate of Talok VIII | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penetrable Girl
Just A Phase?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penetrable Girl           Edit/Delete Post     
[Phantom Girl] Today/tonight's program is Magnum, P.I., which aired on CBS from 1980-88.

Synopsis:
Former Naval Intelligence officer Thomas Magnum resigns his commission to become a private investigator on the north shore of Oahu, Hawaii. He lands a home in the guest house on the estate of millionaire author Robin Masters in exchange for testing the estate's security, but is forced to work under the strict and ever watchful eye of Jonathan Higgins, a former British Army soldier who serves as the estate manager, and constantly patrols the grounds with his two "lads" Zeus and Apollo, who are loyally trained Doberman Pinschers always ready to pounce on Magnum.

Magnum makes good use of the perks that come with working on the estate, including driving Masters' sporty red 308 GTS Ferrari, Audi, and all-terrain Jimmy, as well as equipment such as high-end cameras and telescopes. Of course, all of these expensive toys are under the keen scrutiny of Higgins, and Thomas often finds himself at the end of Higgins's hard bargaining to secure their loan. Although Magnum's carefree ways often clash with Higgins's stricter manner, their mutual respect forms a strong basis for their working relationship.

Two of Magnum's former Vietnam comrades and friends live and work nearby. T.C. Calvin owns "Island Hoppers", a helicopter tour company, and Rick Wright manages the King Kamehameha Club, an exclusive beach front club. T.C.'s piloting skills and Rick's shady underworld contacts often get them roped into Magnum's cases. Others in Magnum's circle include Naval officers Mac MacReynolds, Maggie Pool, and Buck Greene; Hawaii P.D. officers Nolan Page and Yoshi Tanaka; Dr. Ibold; Higgins's fellow Brit Agatha Chumley; Rick's underworld contact "Ice Pick"; and Deputy D.A. Carol Baldwin.

Robin Masters was never fully seen, ultimately leading Magnum to the conclusion that Higgins was actually Masters, though this theory was never fully proven.

CAST:
THOMAS MAGNUM - played by Tom Selleck
JONATHAN HIGGINS - played by John Hillerman
T. C. CALVIN - played by Roger E. Mosley
RICK WRIGHT - played by Larry Manetti [Phantom Girl]

--------------------

From: Delegate of Bgztl | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
THOMAS MAGNUM - played by Gim Allon (his history with the SP and has a prediliction for bad outfits so I can see him in those Hawaiian shirts)
JONATHAN HIGGINS - played by RJ Brande (mysterious benefactor? Yeah, he qualifies - especially preboot when he was a Durlan in disguise)
T. C. CALVIN - played by Brin Londo (just cuz he's kinda rough n' tumble and is a good "buddy" type guy)
RICK WRIGHT - played by Thom Kallor (not for the underworld connections, but more for the sad sack always out of luck thing that Rick always seemed to have)

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.