Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » BATTLE of the 90s SONGS! (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  10  11  12   
Author Topic: BATTLE of the 90s SONGS!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
The 90s saw the rise and fall of grunge, the solidification of hip-hop as a force to be reckoned with, the decline of alternative music and the return of both boy AND girl groups.

But the 90s were also a great period for dance music.

RHYTHM IS A DANCER by Snap

Vs.

MR. VAIN by Culture Beat

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
OOOO!!! I liked Rhythm is a Dancer.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
OMG I like them both!

Rhythm is a dancer by a hair...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I've actually hard both of these.

And I concur with the above: Rhythm is a Dancer gets the nod.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Ooooo I *really* hated early 90's dance music. BOTH of these songs would send me scrambling to change the radio station! But 'Mr Vain' wins by a glow-stick for being the slightly weirder of the two.
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Really, Blacula? 90s dance music is my favorite!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Rhythm is a Dancer, though not my favorite dance song of the early 90s!
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, maybe not *all* 90s dance music... but a lot of it. However, I'm usually about a couple of decades behind the popular music culture anyway. I think I was just discovering disco in the 90s! Myabe in a few more years I'll finally see what was so good about dance music.
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mearl Dox
Likes green

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mearl Dox   Email Mearl Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
Rhythm is a Dancer vote here.

--------------------
科学の使者、キュアドクス!

From: Colu | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll sit this one and any similar ones out. Totally not my type of music. Never even heard of either band let alone the songs.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I loved both songs but give it to MR. VAIN on the strength of the entire Culture Beat cd, which is excellent.

--------------------

EmeraldEmpress
Beautiful & Merciless

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmpress   Email EmeraldEmpress         Edit/Delete Post     
Snap- Rhythm is a dancer.
I'm Dj in the 80's and 90's , and is a very power dance hit.

--------------------
From Spain with glamour.

From: Valencia- Spain | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I'll be bouncing around musical genres for these battles, as the 90s were VERY diverse musically.

I realize not every battle will appeal to everyone. You won't hurt my feelings by not voting if the genre doesn't appeal to you.

SNAP takes this round!

And now, which make-out song gets your tongue moving the fastest?

CRASH INTO ME by Dave Matthews Band

Vs.

WONDERWALL by Oasis

--------------------

Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
WONDERWALL!

Can I sell my soul to this song yet or is there some kind of contract I need to sign first?

minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
Wonderwall, but only because I can't remember the other one, and besides it rhymes with wonder bra.

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.