Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Legion Lost - the word game

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Legion Lost - the word game
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Relatively simple. Hidden in the sentences below are the first names of several Legionnaires. Ex: in "The tremor drubbed Evan." you'll find Mordru "tremor drubed"

Please provide spoiler space with your answers so everyone has a shot.

1. The museum director tried not to laugh when little Billy asked for ten zillion dollars for his drawing.

2. Regina the vegetarian brought spinach, kale, lettuce, and alfala sprouts to the carnivores picnic.

3. If that's where you are going, I'm going the opposite way, retorted Dinah huffily.

4. Scott hoped that his editor would agree that the picture of a lone fir made a poignant statement about deforestation.

5. Albert joined the French Foreign Legion to forget about his many failed romances.

6. It was the funniest play, laughed Joan, as tear streamed down her face and her belly shook with memories of the farce.

7. Six months of digging and all I have to show for it is a few bones, a tiny artifact, and some pottery fragments, lamented Prof. Jones.

8. Jason's garage band irked old man Ferguson, who would always call the cops when they practiced.

9. Angela washed the windows, Jamie washed the car, Fred raked the leaves, and Samantha worked on the garden for the widow Henderson.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh and people, feel free to make some of your own.

In the future, I may do more (probably using other comic book related terms)

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
First four (edited for colour):

1) Tenzil (ten zilion)
2) Kal-El (kale, lettuce)
3) Gim (going, I'm)
4) Dag (would agree)

[ November 01, 2004, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
First four (edited for colour):

first three right. fourth is wrong. It was Legionnaires names, not subs

[ November 01, 2004, 09:09 AM: Message edited by: Quislet, Esq. ]

--------------------

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
My stabs - also edited for color.

1) Tenzil
3) Gim
6) Ayla
8) Dirk
9) Drake

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
My stabs - also edited for color.

you got them

--------------------

Brainiac 5
Cobalt Kid's Spell-Checker and Pain in the Rear

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brainiac 5   Email Brainiac 5         Edit/Delete Post     
S

p

o

i

l

e

r

s

p

a

c

e

okay
1. TENZIL my man
2. KAL or KAL_EL
3. GIM
4. not a daggone clue
5. JO? it's the only one I see here
6. AYLA
7. TINYA
8. DIRK
9. DRAKE

[ November 12, 2004, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: Brainiac68 ]

--------------------
There's room for all God's creatures...right next to the mashed potatoes!

From: the Detroit multi-lab | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

OK now Universo has done it. He has hidden some Legion planets. Can you see through his hypnotism and find these Legion homeworlds?

1. Persuader relied on his big bad ax, a most dangerous weapon, but was no match for Dream Girl's precognition.

2. Being the youngest in a large family and very hungry, Chico lunged for the last piece of chicken, which Anita thought was extremely rude.

3. Angelo was most impressed with the wide variety of animals but felt that the zoo needed more birds.

4. Reep would entertain children in the hospital by changing into various animals and he would mix up the order in which he would change, but the zebra always came last.

5. Monstress vowed that that would be her final torn dress as she demanded that Brainic 5 create an indestructible fabric for her wardobe.

6. After recovering from Nardo's obesity ray, Tenzil could not help telling everyone he met "I'm skinny again. Can you believe it?"

7. All Janey knew about Max's past life was a rumor and other tall tales that she knew to be false.

8. The mad scientist mixed up everyone's minds, so now Alice is Jeb, Jeb is Molly, Molly is Sue, Sue is Grant, and Grant is Alice.

9. Gim liked girls who were petit and dainty, that is why he fell in love with Salu.

[ February 27, 2008, 08:18 AM: Message edited by: Quislet, Esq. ]

--------------------

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Great game, Quis! - Here are my guesses, edited for color.

1) Daxam
2) Colu
3) Zoon? - Not really sure of this one.
4) Braal
5) Naltor
6) Imsk
7) Orando
8) Bismoll
9) Titan

[ November 24, 2004, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: Outdoor Miner ]

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

9 for 9, Miner!

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.