Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Avenging Amalgamated Heroes of America

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Avenging Amalgamated Heroes of America
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
As many of you know, I'm an avid player of City of Heroes as are other LWers. Recently, because of the Marvel lawsuit, many of us have been much more careful of creating exact duplicates of existing DC or Marvel heroes.

This past weekend one of the other people I normally play with on CoH suggested doing Amalgam characters (merging a DC and Marvel hero into a new hero that encompassed both of the originals) much like those Amalgam heores that were created in the crosovers of DC & Marvel in the past.

Since then I've done a few:

Natasha Drake ~ A cross between Black Widow and Black Canary

Sir Justine Dane ~ Shining Knight's & Black Knight

Barkyrie ~ a merging of Valkyrie & Big Barda

There are so many possibilities, I thought it would be fun to see what you all could come up with. Keep in mind that you want attributes of each hero to survive the merger so tell me a little something of the new hero's bio or backstory.

If we get enough of them, I'll post a poll to pick LW's favorite!

You never know, if one of your suggestions strikes my fancy, I might even make him/her on CoH and post the results her for you to see. [Big Grin]

[ July 12, 2005, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: Vee ]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
OK here's my entry:

One of the founding members of the X Patrol (the X stand for the fact that the team's identities are unknown and kept hidden) was Hank Steele aka Beastman.

Hank was a mutant whose power caused the decay of living tissue, including his own. A mysterious figure, known only as the Professor performed a transplant surgery in which Hank's brain was put into the body of a half robotic / half surgically altered gorilla.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
One of the other players came up with a great...very original combo...

Red Hawk: an amalgam between the Falcon and Hawkman. Looks very cool!

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Well if you amalgam Supergirl and Ms. Marvel you get Marvelgirl, the female counterpart to Marvelman, superstrong alien protector.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.