Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Here's the scenario and these Legion Powers would help in this way (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Here's the scenario and these Legion Powers would help in this way
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
OK, so I was watching Lost, season one and as sometimes happens I think "Oh wow if you had ____'s power it would really be helpful here."

So, given the scenario that you are stranded on a desert island, name a Legionnaire's power and explain how it would be helpful. Obviously Mon-el's, Ultra Boy's, Dawnstar's, & Xs' powers could get you off the island. I am asking for how you would use diferent powers to help you on the island. It can be used to help get you rescued, but it should get you off the island itself.

Starting off, Sun Boy's power would be very helpful. It would provide heat for warmth and cooking. And as he also generates light, he would make an excellant signal fire for passing ships.

So how would the other Legion powers help out? After a few responses, if someone wants to propose a new scenario, that would be cool (like how would various Legionnaires use their powers that would help them be detectives)

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, Matter-Eater Lad's power would obviously be useful to have if you were stranded on a desert island. No need to worry about food or fresh water.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
I think I'd want Projectra's. You could signal for help in a very large, detailed way if anybody came close. Plus, if it was the LOST island, you could scare those creepy Others away...

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calybos
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calybos   Email Calybos         Edit/Delete Post     
Shadow Lass. On a freakin' desert island, it's important to have protection from the sun.

Polar Boy. Just keep freezing the seawater and you can WALK home.

From: Norcross, GA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Light Lass' power would be good for carrying felled trees and large rocks to where you wanted to build a shelter.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
3boot Triplicate Girl - look I know its not pleasent but you could either a) do a Jamie Madrox and Eat yourself or b) Kill a whole bunch of yourself and make a raft from the dead bodies ala the Black Freighter.

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
and THEN do a madrox and eat yourself. (while at sea obviously)

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bureaucracy Boy
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bureaucracy Boy           Edit/Delete Post     
Dream Girl's power (pre-"death") would be useless, but, damn, she would take make the situation seem less dire.

--------------------
Aspiring to be a Principal Associate Deputy Under Secretary

From: Just a little off-center | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Lol, Bureaucracy Boy.

Kinetix would be incredibly useful - building a shelter, carrying food/materials, building a raft; heck, she could just levitate you all the way home.

Saturn Girl's telepathy could locate the others, force them to give her all their food/stuff and make her Queen of the Island [Smile]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Lol, Bureaucracy Boy.

Kinetix would be incredibly useful - building a shelter, carrying food/materials, building a raft; heck, she could just levitate you all the way home.

Saturn Girl's telepathy could locate the others, force them to give her all their food/stuff and make her Queen of the Island [Smile]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
Bouncing Boy's power would be useful - to while away those long boring hours with a rousing game of dodge ball.

Or, he could bounce higher and higher with torches to signal passing planes and boats. (See, I'm not totally silly).

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

quote:
Originally posted by Semi Transparent Fellow:
Bouncing Boy's power would be useful - to while away those long boring hours with a rousing game of dodge ball.

Or, he could bounce higher and higher with torches to signal passing planes and boats. (See, I'm not totally silly).

I thought his power would be useful for picking coconuts too.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Going to the scenario of detectives, I thought Triplicate Girl would be good for tailing a suspect. If the suspect meet up with anyone interesting, she could split and tail the new guy as well.

--------------------

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd want Nura's powers there. She could just figure out where he's going to be and who he's going to meet and all that jazz without having to actually go do anything herself unless absolutely necessary. (Laziness, how I love thee.)

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Mon-El's microscopic vision would be useful in matching fingerprints. Also, he could spot gunpowder residue, match thread & hair samples.

[Mon-El]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.