Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Name That Superhero (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Name That Superhero
Copycat Girl
Candidate in the #1 Brainy fangirl contest - Finals with Fangirl Girl

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copycat Girl   Email Copycat Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
I have a game streak goin on here so here's the next one. The first person will describe a superhero of their own creation. The next person will have to give it a name. Make sure you put their power.

This 12 year old boy has 5 times as much energy and endurance as regular 12 year olds, plus he can vibrate his molecules fast enough to pass through solid objects and have super speed.

--------------------
"He's doomed. We all are. Oh, wanna hear a joke?"

"I'm always thinking about you. Because according to the restraining order, that's all I'm allowed to do."

From: Somewhere in New Metropolis. Got lost looking for Legion Headquarters. | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I am not sure what the game aspect is here. After I name your superhero do I describe one of my own?

As for your hero, I'd name him "Sugar Pop"

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Copycat Girl

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copycat Girl   Email Copycat Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
yes you descibe your own. lol very funny. your turn.

--------------------

"I'm always thinking about you. Because according to the restraining order, that's all I'm allowed to do."

From: Somewhere in New Metropolis. Got lost looking for Legion Headquarters. | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
OK. This hero has a perfect sense of balance. While he can be knocked down, he has no problem walking across a strand of dental floss strung out over the Grand Canyon (provided the dental floss can support his weight).

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Copycat Girl

how about...(yah it really sucks but it's the best I could do)
Poiser.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Not bad.

A friend of mine used the character in a superhero role playing game. The name he used was The Weeble. I am kind of thinking you might be too young to get the reference.

--------------------

Ojisan
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ojisan   Author's Homepage   Email Ojisan         Edit/Delete Post     
Erm, I think I get it. My brother keeps singing this weird thing "Weebles wobbles but it won't fall down" I think it was...

As for a name from me, I'm a fan of the simple names that give some allusion to the power. So I name him: Balance

--------------------
Places to contact me-
DeviantArt: Elementalist-1
HEATBLAST.NET: LexiT
Yahoo: meranova

From: Kent County, Delaware (middle of nowhere) | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calybos
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calybos   Email Calybos         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's one where the name is a terrible pun; see if you can guess it.

This humanoid alien is from a world where most higher lifeforms evolved from insects; he has six limbs, the lower two of which resemble normal legs. But he's a mutant of his race, with an uncanny psychic power of precognition.

From: Norcross, GA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Praying Mantis?

--------------------

Calybos
Applicant

Nope, he was called Forewarned...

because "Forewarned is four-armed."

From: Norcross, GA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Copycat Girl

Calybos, I think you missed the point of the game. You are supposed to create a superhero of your own design and see what kinda names people can come up with.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

well, to get the game going again:

A young egyptologist is exploring an ancient pyramid and ends up in the realm of the Egyptian gods. Osiris, the ruler of the gods, agrees to send him back to the world of man as his emissary. Osiris give the young man some of his own power over life. He is able to animate inanimate objects. Not wanting to offend Osiris, he takes the name ______________.

--------------------

Calybos
Applicant

Well, one obvious choice would be "Animus," the animating spirit found in Greek and Egyptian mythologies.
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

That sounds cool. I don't think you need to wait for the original poster to come back and say "That's a good name" or some such.

So, Calybos, do you have a superhero for us to name?

--------------------

Calybos
Applicant

Okay. This guy's a synthetic human (not a machine, just a lab-grown organism) who has the power to disintegrate inorganic matter as a food/energy source.

Any ideas?

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.