Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Name That Superhero (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Name That Superhero
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Digestiboy

Here's one that's I've created for a Legion fanfic I've been working on. Though I do have a name for him, I'd love to see what others come up with for him.

Born on Kubarico, an arid world (think Dune) settled by colonists during the 12th Moorish Dynasty in the late 27th Century...with population centers only at the poles. His parents were gemologists who discover a previously unknown black gem (later named the Death Jewel)which turns out to refract light into irridium, a highly toxic radiant. Both parents are exposed to lethal levels of radiation during their return trip back to their home with their discovery.

Dad dies a few weeks later and mom dies during childbirth. J'wan is raised by a grandfather. When J'wan is a young teen, a bump begins growing on his forehead and soon a miniature version of what looks like a Death Jewel breaks through the skin. Medical experts attempt removal unsuccessfully but determine that it is not toxic.

Shortly thereafter, J'wan discovers that he can control the refracted light rays that bounce off the gem. Different rays give him various abilities including mind control, protective shielding, illusion casting, and low level energy blasting.

What would you name him?

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd go with Onyx (Dark Onyx if a villian)

And in the why should the girls have all the fun department.

Marine sargeant Joe Brown is socked with an alien ray that grants various super-powers to individuals. At first it seemed not to give him any powers. But later when he was captured by terrorists and his hair began to grow out, his power was revealed to be super-strong telekinetically controlled hair (ala Spider Girl and Medusa) So what should his code name be?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

How about Mane Man?

After seeing her parents killed in a car bombing, former college cheerleader & world class gymnast Tiffany Rose decides to seek justice and prevent needless deaths by becoming a costumed crimefighter. Inspired by stories of heroes such as Batman & Robin, Black Canary, and others, she decides to become....

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Not very fear inspiring, but Majorette. Watch out for her baton of death!

Vee, what was the name you had for your other guy?

Next superhero: Bgtzlian Rthor Gosstin drinks Lyle Norg's invisibility formula. Able to become invisible and intangible, he fights crime as ___________.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

All the good names I can think of are taken [Frown]

How about...Ghoster

Aside to Quis: I named him Facet.

The daughter of Polar Boy and Inferno discovered that she had inherited both her parents powers. Her right hand blasted fire and her left dealt ice. She joined the second generation of Legionnaires as....

--------------------

Copycat Girl
Candidate in the #1 Brainy fangirl contest - Finals with Fangirl Girl

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copycat Girl   Email Copycat Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
...I can't think of anything...but trying to come up with a name for her gave me an idea for a new one.

On a distant world of snake people, regular humans began to intergrate. One man, fell in love with one of the snake people women. They had a daughter, who was named Syvetha. She looked much like a human, except she had a long scaly tail, blood red snake eyes, and a long forked tongue. She has the ability to switch from normal, white light vision, to infer red, snake vision. She has also learned to use her powerful as a powerful and dangerous weapon and can speak to serpents, as all of her people can.

I have some ideas that are pretty good but I wanna see what you guys come up with.

--------------------
"He's doomed. We all are. Oh, wanna hear a joke?"

"I'm always thinking about you. Because according to the restraining order, that's all I'm allowed to do."

From: Somewhere in New Metropolis. Got lost looking for Legion Headquarters. | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Well for Vee's hero, the name of Celsius was used in the 70's Doom Patrol for a similar character. But taking a cue from a Legion Worlder who hasn't been here for a while, I'd call her Icefyre. (Icyhot would be too much of product placement [Wink] )

As for Copycat Girl's heroine ... let's see... She goes by the codename Cleopatra.

And a new hero to name:

Josh Durgan has acquired the following items taken off of captured super-villians of Gotham City: A helicopter umbrella from the Penguin, the fireproof suit & flame throwers from Firefly, Mr. Freeze's freeze gun, and Joker's squirting flower (this time squirting a deluted and non-lethal version of Joker Gas)

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Since all the items are claimed from others I would call him The Collector.

NEXT:
Serge Casale was a mutant able to turn himself into any form of liquid. While in this form he takes on the properties of the liquid he becomes.

--------------------

Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
the Splash

District attorney Tim Felton receives an anonymous gift of 7 paisley ties for his birthday. He discovers that each tie gives him one superpower -- super vision, speed, strength, invulnerability, hearing, intelligence, flight. They work only if he is wearing only one tie.

Counsel for the defense beware, it's _________________.

From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Power Tie.

Alistair Smythe was super polite. And he found that if he asked people to do things politely enough, they would do it without objection. For example, he once asked Reginald Van Owens to go jump in a lake, and Reggie did it. However, when he told Lady Penelope Fortaque to jump off a cliff, she was able to refuse to do so.

[ January 03, 2007, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: Quislet, Esq. ]

--------------------

Lad Boy

Civil Savant

Gordon Merriweather is an unassuming suburban father of three residing in the hilly outskirts of Cleveland. In his wallet, right beside the picture of his lovely wife, Giselle, he has a credit card for which he never, never has to pay a monthly installment -- regardless of how many purchases he makes with it during the month.

He wields this enchanted plastic as __________.

From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
Costcutter

Lydia Johnson found that she had the power to control air currents... but not for weather control. Instead, she creates straight-line winds to move heavy objects as ___________.

Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy

Gale Girl

Jayson Wesbarry can run at near light speed, but only due north or due south.

Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Longitude Lad

Anna Sinclair discovers she can knock people unconscious just by blowing them kisses. To combat the growing crime wave in Banthom Bay, she dons a pink lycra outfit and fights bad guys as___________

Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

The Smoocher

Justin Westbrook learns that he can freeze time in a small area but it only lasts for one minute. Making use of this power, he begins to fight crime as ___________

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.