Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » What's My Line? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: What's My Line?
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I've thought up a new game. IN thinking about it, I liked how in the survivor game there was a set time to play. I'd like to know if anyone else would be interested. To avoid conflict, I would not start this new game until after Survivor is over.

What is this wonderful new game you ask? It is a verison of "What's My Line?" (Eryk Davis Ester mentioned Dorothy Kilgallon which got me watching the old show on YouTube)

So, how it would work is I (or another player) acts as host and picks the mystery guest. The mystery guest could be any fictional character from comics (I think it's best to limit it and later expand if enough interest is there)

The panel then has to guess the identity of the mystery guest by asking yes or no questions. If a panelist gets a "no" response to a question, that panelist can't ask another question until there has been another "no" response. Also a panelist can only ask one question at a time and must get a "yes" response beofre asking another.

If after 10 "No" responses, the mystery guest has won and stumped the panel. The panelist who correctly identifies the mystery guest can then be the host or pass it on to someone else.

So, does this interest anyone?

[ November 17, 2008, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: Quislet, Esq. ]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Sounds fun, Quis. I'm in.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
That's one. [Smile]

Exnihil has said that the Survivor game should be over in a week and a half.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Sort of a variation on 20 Questions. I like the sound of it too. [Smile]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Welcome panelists He Who Wanders and Rockhopper Lad. Welcome to the pilot test of What's My Line.

You will each ask a series of yes or no questions to determine the identity of our mystery guest.

Please put on your blindfolds.

All set? OK Mystery Guest please enter and sign in.

*The audience applaudes loudly at the sight of the mystery guest and there are a few hoots from the crowd*

Panelists, you may begin your questioning.

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Are you or have you ever been a Legionnaire?

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

To remind our panelists, the mystery guest can be any fictional character from comics. That includes humor comics, superhero comics, funny animal comics, etc. It can be main characters, supporting characters, protagonists, or antagonists.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

quote:
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:
Are you or have you ever been a Legionnaire?

No.

That's one down, nine to go.

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Are you a character in the DC Universe?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Yes.

Next question Rockhopper Lad

[ November 01, 2008, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: Quislet, Esq. ]

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Are you a super-hero?

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

mmmmmmmmmm yes.

Next question.

(HHW, for this version where there are just two of you, you can keep asking questions)

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Judging by the long pause, you seem somewhat unsure of your hero status.

Are you an anti-hero?

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

NO!

That's 2 "No"s. Only 8 more "no"s left.

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Are you a member of a hero team?

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.