Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » NEW GAME: Legion Google-whack

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NEW GAME: Legion Google-whack
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Has anyone ever played Google-whack before? It's a fun and simple game. Just go to google.com and punch any two random words into the search engine.

Normally, you will get results that say something like "Results 1-10 of 154,000" If you can find two words that bring a search result showing "1 of 1," (meaning google found just one page on the Internet with those two words on it) then Congratulations! You get to shout "GOOGLE-WHACK!!"

So, try it with Legion related words and terms.

Can you get a google-whack?

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Lad Kid
part-time lurker

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Super Lad Kid   Email Super Lad Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I got it!!

It only took me about twenty minute, but the combination of Imra [SaturnGirl] and Doubleheader [DoubleHeader] yielded a 1 of 1. It look like some sort of fanfic for a Japanese cartoon ro something.

[ November 26, 2003, 01:40 PM: Message edited by: Super Lad Kid ]

From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
I got a zero with "glorious curmudgeon". [Frown]

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
"GOOGLE-WHACK!!"

Did it with "Mayavale" and "Sneckie".

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
oh...groan.....stargrave marzal yielded 115 and tried to narrow down and put Grimbor to Marzal and it resulted in 69! groan
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
"GOOGLE-WHACK!!"

Dull day... so I got another with "Dracksler" (home planet of Hate-Face) and "Braino" (The most noble being of all time).

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
How the hell does Salu Bruce get 1,330,00 hits?

Grrrrr.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
I think one reason for the difficulty of this game is the plethora of Legion fansites and articles over the years.

Another is the Google doesn't only give results with both words, it will also include results with either word. So how do you trim results so that you get only pages with both words?

From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.