Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » I'm thinking of an ANIMAL! (Page 134)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  131  132  133  134   
Author Topic: I'm thinking of an ANIMAL!
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
I did some seal reaearch. I had no idea so many seals could dig in ice. Based on your clue about its range, I am gonna guess...leopard seal?
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
It's not a walrus, but a walrus certainly fits the unique part of my clues.
[Yes]

Yes, it's a leopard seal.

They're the only true apex predators in the world's entire seal population.
They are mostly Antarticans and nest their pups in ice holes that the females dig.

I saw a movie about a team of sled dogs that got left behind for a winter at a research station.

They were hungry and found a dead, beached orca.
The only problem was that a huge leopard seal was munching on it.
The lead dog got the seal to chase her and it was one of the most frightening 30 seconds I've ever seen in a movie.
It was breathtaking as it pursued her from under the ice.

Anyway, we have done quite a few specific animals so I didn't think it would be a problem.
[shrug]

[ August 20, 2011, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
No problem, Candle. You can be as specific as you like, just be aware that can make the game quite difficult unless some extra hints are thown in. (which you kindly gave.)

Ok, I am thinking of an animal - or at least I will have by the time I check this thread again.

From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candlelight:
It's not a walrus, but a walrus certainly fits the unique part of my clues.
[Yes]

Yes, it's a leopard seal.

They're the only true apex predators in the world's entire seal population.
They are mostly Antarticans and nest their pups in ice holes that the females dig.

I saw a movie about a team of sled dogs that got left behind for a winter at a research station.

They were hungry and found a dead, beached orca.
The only problem was that a huge leopard seal was munching on it.
The lead dog got the seal to chase her and it was one of the most frightening 30 seconds I've ever seen in a movie.
It was breathtaking as it pursued her from under the ice.

Anyway, we have done quite a few specific animals so I didn't think it would be a problem.
[shrug]

is that one of the silent movie where the a group of British guys went to try to become the first people to reach South Pole, only to discover that someone already beat them?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
for lance - question: is this animal living in the mountain?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Nope - this animal is not found in the mountains.
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
No, supes, it was a modern day movie with talking and helicopters when there were people.
He, the dog sled team owner, came back for his dogs as soon as the winter storms allowed him to and got what was left of his team, sort of.

Is your animal domesticated?

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

does your animal eat its own animal? ( for example, I have heard that some female insects do eat male insects after mating ...ack!....but that s one example....)
lancesrealm
amiable

I think the movie is called "Eight Below."

Nope - this animal is not domesticated.

It doesn't eat its own.

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Is it a predator?

--------------------

Come, join me!

lancesrealm
amiable

Yes, it is a predator.
lancesrealm
amiable

And with that, I have been told this thread must be shut down and a new one started. Everyone out of the pool, and over to ITOAA -2!

[ August 21, 2011, 12:00 PM: Message edited by: Rockhopper Lad ]

This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  131  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.