Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Legion Multiverse Survivor (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  20  21  22   
Author Topic: Legion Multiverse Survivor
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Way back, I hosted a Survivor-type game here on Spaceopoly for the Legion of Three Worlds mini-series. [ link ] It pitted the Legions of New Earth, Earth-247, and Earth-Prime against each other to see who Legion World's favorite Legionnaire was. It excluded a lot of Legion continuities and we had talked about hosting another game in the future that properly pitted all Legion versions against each other. Well, because I'm insane (and I hope all of you are too), I've decided to go ahead and give this project a go: the Legion Multiverse Survivor.

Now, I'm going to need some opinions before I start this game, because there's a LOT of Legion variations out there and some people's definitions are different than others.

My approach was to break each Legionnaire down by major reality/medium/Elseworld. From there, if they had a notable physical, power, or personality change within one of those variations I split that version apart. Here's an example:

[BRAINIAC 5 / QUERL DOX]
Preboot
Preboot (Insane)
TMK/Glorithverse
Legion on the Run
Batch SW6
Postboot (pre and post B5.1)
Postboot (Brainiac 5.1)
Threeboot
Retroboot/DCNu
Superboy's Legion
Superman/JLU Toon
Legion Toon
Smallville

Should we break the variations down even further? Should the 60s, 70s, and 80s be split or just a case by case basis? Or should breakdowns like the postboot Brainys be merged into one entry? What about Elseworlds? I plan on including the DC One Million and Dead Earth Legionnaires. Should I add the Adult Legion? Arthur/Knight Legion? Ayla's Wizard of Oz Legionnaires? The Time Trapper's 50's and 40's Postboot Legion?

With the DC Animated Universe I may only include those Legionnaires who had vocal or active roles. This logic is also why I'd EXCLUDE the Kingdom Come Legionnaires, who have had only two panels and no distinct development, as well as other Legionnaire cameos.

I'll be listing them under realities with commas instead of a straight drop down by character since that would be a space nightmare. For example:

[SUPERBOY's LEGION; 20 Legionnaires]
Bouncing Boy, Brainiac 5, Chameleon, Colossal Boy, Cosmic Boy, Element Lad, Ferro Lad, Invisible Kid, Karate Kid, Light Lass, Lightning Lad, Phantom Girl, Saturn Girl, Sensor, Shadow Lass, Shrinking Violet, Star Boy, Sun Boy, Superboy, Ultra Boy

Discuss away! Once discussion dies down, I'll compile a full list. As of right now, it looks like this game will pit anywhere from 200-300 Legionnaire variations against each other. I warned you: I'm insane. Throughout the game I plan on having rounds where you vote for say "least favorite from EACH reality" or "least favorite costumes" instead of asking for overall least favorites - for the sake of some voting variety. Thoughts on that?

[ September 05, 2011, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: Future ]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Future I loved you're old Survivor games.
Got no suggestions for this this one, but can't wait for it to start

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Thanks, dedman. I'm excited for this too! Just want to make sure I do it right. It's easy for Legionnaires to fall through the cracks when I'm juggling numbers this big.
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
not sure about this:

Postboot (pre and post B5.1)
Postboot (Brainiac 5.1)

exactly what does that mean? you mean before he got blighted or after he got blighted? or Legion Lost or DnA era?

if it was me, I absolutely love DnA era...

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
It looks to me like he's bundling (roughly, I may be an issue or three off...) Lgs #0-Lgs61 & LLost #8-The Legion #38 as "one" version, and Lgs61-LLost #8 as "another"...

I'd say keep it simpler. Too much splitting going on there (and, hell, his over-friendly "anomaly" personality only lasted until the end of Dark Circle Rising. After that, he was more like his old self, albeit a bit friendlier, long before dropping the .1 while Lost). For B5, drop the insane, Legion on the Run, SW6 and anomaly versions...

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Yeah, the Brainy example was to show the personality changes he's had (though even I have to admit factoring in 'insane Brainy' is kind of silly in retrospect - it was short lived and did no one any good). My intention for postboot Brainy was just "normal Brainy" vs "Mr. Nice" 5.1.

I'm fine with keeping personality/power variations like that out of the game. I wasn't sold on them and there's enough competition even without them. Batch SW6, and in some regards the Retroboot, I'd be iffy about dropping but I understand why people would say to. Certain characters had rather distinct personalities while others were near identical to their TMK or Preboot counterparts respectively.

Here's the breakdown of teams/realities I have right now:
Preboot, Glorithverse, Batch SW6, Postboot, Threeboot, Retroboot, Dead Earth Legion, Legion 1,000,000, Superboy's Legion, DC Animated Universe, Legion Toon, and Smallville.

Any thoughts about the other Elseworlds? Is the game already too big? Did I cover the major enough one(s)?

Future
The Present is Past

To encourage some discussion, here's the sizable list of Legionnaires I plan on using as of right now. Please note the exclusion of some Legionnaires from Superboy's Legion (Luornu), the toon (XS, Chemical King) and DC Animated (Garth, Shady, etc) realities, again because they didn't have distinguishable panel or air time. If enough people want though, I'll add them in.

[PREBOOT; 43 Legionnaires]
Blok, Bouncing Boy, Brainiac 5, Chameleon Boy, Chemical King, Colossal Boy, Cosmic Boy, Dawnstar, Dream Girl, Elastic Lad, Element Lad, Ferro Lad, Insect Queen, Invisible Kid I, Invisible Kid II, Karate Kid, Kid Psycho, Lightning Lad, Light(ning) Lass, Magnetic Kid, Matter-Eater Lad, Mon-El, Nemesis Kid, Pete Ross, Phantom Girl, Polar Boy, Princess Projectra, Quislet, Rond Vidar, Saturn Girl, Shadow Lass, Shrinking Violet, Star Boy, Sun Boy, Superboy, Supergirl, Tellus, Timber Wolf, Triplicate Girl, Tyroc, White Witch, Wildfire

[GLORITHVERSE; 52 Legionnaires]
Atmos, Bloodclaw, Bouncing Boy, Bounty (entity, not Dawnstar), Brainiac 5, Calamity King, Chameleon Boy, Chlorophyll Kid, Color Kid, Colossal Boy, Cosmic Boy, Crystal Kid, Dawnstar, Dream Girl, Duo Damsel, Echo, Element Lad, Fire Lad, Firefist, Flederweb, Impulse, Infectious Lass, Invisible Kid II, Karate Kid II, Kono, Lightning Lad (Proty), Lightning Lass, Matter-Eater Lad, Mon-El, Neon, Nightwind, Polar Boy, Projectra, Porcupine Pete, Reflecto, Reflex, Rond Vidar, Saturn Girl, Shadow Lass, Shrinking Violet, Spider-Girl, Star Boy, Stone Boy, Storm Boy, Sun Boy, Timber Wolf, Tyroc, Ultra Boy, Veilmist, Visi-Lad, White Witch, Wildfire

[BATCH SW6; 24 Legionnaires]
Alchemist, Andromeda, Apparition, Bouncing Boy, Brainiac 5, Catspaw, Computo, Cosmic Boy, Dragonmage, Dream Girl, Ferro, Gossamer, Inferno, Invisible Kid, Kid Quantum, Leviathan, Live Wire, Matter-Eater Lad, Saturn Girl, Shrinking Violet, Star Boy, Triad, Ultra Boy, Valor

[POSTBOOT; 34 Legionnaires]
Andromeda, Apparition, Brainiac 5, Chameleon, Chuck Taine, Cosmic Boy, Dreamer, Element Lad, Ferro, Gates, Gear, Inferno (Sandy), Karate Kid, Kid Quantum, Kid Quantum II, Kinetix, Leviathan, Live Wire, Magno, M'Onel, Monstress, Saturn Girl, Sensor, Shikari, Spark, Star Boy, Superboy (Kon), Thunder, Timber Wolf, Triad, Umbra, Violet, Wildfire, XS

[THREEBOOT; 28 Legionnaires]
Atom Girl, Brainiac 5, Chameleon, Colossal Boy/Micro Lad, Cosmic Boy, Dream Boy, Dream Girl, Element Lad, Gazelle, Invisible Kid, Karate Kid, Light Lass, Lightning Lad, Mon-el, Night Girl, Phantom Girl, Projectra, Saturn Girl, Shadow Lass, Sizzle, Star Boy, Sun Boy, Supergirl, Theena, Timber Wolf, Triplicate Girl, Turtle, Ultra Boy

[RETROBOOT; 40 Legionnaires]
Black Witch, Blok, Bouncing Boy, Brainiac 5, Chameleon Boy, Chameleon Girl, Chemical Kid, Colossal Boy, Comet Queen, Cosmic Boy, Dawnstar, Dragonwing, Dream Girl, Duplicate Girl, Earth-Man, Element Lad, Gates, Glorith, Invisible Kid II, Lightning Lad, Lightning Lass, Matter-Eater Lad, Mon-el, Night Girl, Phantom Girl, Polar Boy, Quislet, Rond Vidar, Saturn Girl, Sensor Girl, Shadow Lass, Shrinking Violet, Star Boy, Sun Boy, Superman, Tellus, Timber Wolf, Tyroc, Ultra Boy, Wildfire

[DEAD EARTH LEGION(s); 14 Legionnaires]
Argent, Graft, Lodestone, Magno Boy, Membrain, Metrox, Nervosa, Phase, Shape, Shift, Silverwing, Triad III, Triplicate, Wildfire

[LEGION 1,000,000; 10 Legionnaires]
Brainiac 417, The Chameleon, Cosmicbot, Dreamer, Implicate Girl, M'onelves, Superboy, Titangirl, The Umbra, Wildflame

Bouncing Boy, Brainiac 5, Chameleon, Colossal Boy, Cosmic Boy, Element Lad, Ferro Lad, Invisible Kid, Karate Kid, Light Lass, Lightning Lad, Phantom Girl, Saturn Girl, Sensor, Shadow Lass, Shrinking Violet, Star Boy, Sun Boy, Superboy, Ultra Boy

[DC ANIMATED UNIVERSE; 9 Legionnaires]
Andromeda, Bouncing Boy, Brainiac 5, Chameleon Boy, Cosmic Boy, Kid Quantum, Phantom Girl, Saturn Girl, Supergirl

[LEGION ANIMATED; 26 Legionnaires]
Blok, Bouncing Boy, Brainiac 5, Chameleon Boy, Colossal Boy, Cosmic Boy, Dawnstar, Dream Girl, Element Lad, Karate Kid, Lightning Lad, Matter-Eater Lad, Nemesis Kid, Phantom Girl, Saturn Girl, Shrinking Violet, Star Boy, Sun Boy, Superman, Superman X, Ultra Boy, Timber Wolf, Triplicate Girl, Tyroc, Ultra Boy, White Witch

[SMALLVILLE; 5 Legionnaires]
Brainiac 5, Clark Kent, Cosmic Boy, Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl

Future
The Present is Past

Hearing nothing, I'll go ahead and say we're good to go!

GAME START

Future
The Present is Past

ROUND ONE

305 Legionnaires from across the Multiverse have been gathered together, so that YOU can pick your favorite. For round one, vote for your 25 LEAST FAVORITE Legionnaires from all the lists below and the 25 Legionnaires with the most votes against them will be eliminated when the round ends. The round will end, let's say, early on Wednesday, September 7th EST. We're talking like sunrise early (welcome to my life). So you have about a day and a half to vote before round two!

[PREBOOT; 43 Legionnaires]
Blok, Bouncing Boy, Brainiac 5, Chameleon Boy, Chemical King, Colossal Boy, Cosmic Boy, Dawnstar, Dream Girl, Elastic Lad, Element Lad, Ferro Lad, Insect Queen, Invisible Kid I, Invisible Kid II, Karate Kid, Kid Psycho, Lightning Lad, Light(ning) Lass, Magnetic Kid, Matter-Eater Lad, Mon-El, Nemesis Kid, Pete Ross, Phantom Girl, Polar Boy, Princess Projectra, Quislet, Rond Vidar, Saturn Girl, Shadow Lass, Shrinking Violet, Star Boy, Sun Boy, Superboy, Supergirl, Tellus, Timber Wolf, Triplicate Girl, Tyroc, White Witch, Wildfire

[GLORITHVERSE; 52 Legionnaires]
Atmos, Bloodclaw, Bouncing Boy, Bounty (entity, not Dawnstar), Brainiac 5, Calamity King, Chameleon Boy, Chlorophyll Kid, Color Kid, Colossal Boy, Cosmic Boy, Crystal Kid, Dawnstar, Dream Girl, Duo Damsel, Echo, Element Lad, Fire Lad, Firefist, Flederweb, Impulse, Infectious Lass, Invisible Kid II, Karate Kid II, Kono, Lightning Lad (Proty), Lightning Lass, Matter-Eater Lad, Mon-El, Neon, Nightwind, Polar Boy, Projectra, Porcupine Pete, Reflecto, Reflex, Rond Vidar, Saturn Girl, Shadow Lass, Shrinking Violet, Spider-Girl, Star Boy, Stone Boy, Storm Boy, Sun Boy, Timber Wolf, Tyroc, Ultra Boy, Veilmist, Visi-Lad, White Witch, Wildfire

[BATCH SW6; 24 Legionnaires]
Alchemist, Andromeda, Apparition, Bouncing Boy, Brainiac 5, Catspaw, Computo, Cosmic Boy, Dragonmage, Dream Girl, Ferro, Gossamer, Inferno, Invisible Kid, Kid Quantum, Leviathan, Live Wire, Matter-Eater Lad, Saturn Girl, Shrinking Violet, Star Boy, Triad, Ultra Boy, Valor

[POSTBOOT; 34 Legionnaires]
Andromeda, Apparition, Brainiac 5, Chameleon, Chuck Taine, Cosmic Boy, Dreamer, Element Lad, Ferro, Gates, Gear, Inferno (Sandy), Karate Kid, Kid Quantum, Kid Quantum II, Kinetix, Leviathan, Live Wire, Magno, M'Onel, Monstress, Saturn Girl, Sensor, Shikari, Spark, Star Boy, Superboy (Kon), Thunder, Timber Wolf, Triad, Umbra, Violet, Wildfire, XS

[THREEBOOT; 28 Legionnaires]
Atom Girl, Brainiac 5, Chameleon, Colossal Boy/Micro Lad, Cosmic Boy, Dream Boy, Dream Girl, Element Lad, Gazelle, Invisible Kid, Karate Kid, Light Lass, Lightning Lad, Mon-el, Night Girl, Phantom Girl, Projectra, Saturn Girl, Shadow Lass, Sizzle, Star Boy, Sun Boy, Supergirl, Theena, Timber Wolf, Triplicate Girl, Turtle, Ultra Boy

[RETROBOOT; 40 Legionnaires]
Black Witch, Blok, Bouncing Boy, Brainiac 5, Chameleon Boy, Chameleon Girl, Chemical Kid, Colossal Boy, Comet Queen, Cosmic Boy, Dawnstar, Dragonwing, Dream Girl, Duplicate Girl, Earth-Man, Element Lad, Gates, Glorith, Invisible Kid II, Lightning Lad, Lightning Lass, Matter-Eater Lad, Mon-el, Night Girl, Phantom Girl, Polar Boy, Quislet, Rond Vidar, Saturn Girl, Sensor Girl, Shadow Lass, Shrinking Violet, Star Boy, Sun Boy, Superman, Tellus, Timber Wolf, Tyroc, Ultra Boy, Wildfire

[DEAD EARTH LEGION(s); 14 Legionnaires]
Argent, Graft, Lodestone, Magno Boy, Membrain, Metrox, Nervosa, Phase, Shape, Shift, Silverwing, Triad III, Triplicate, Wildfire

[LEGION 1,000,000; 10 Legionnaires]
Brainiac 417, The Chameleon, Cosmicbot, Dreamer, Implicate Girl, M'onelves, Superboy, Titangirl, The Umbra, Wildflame

[DC ANIMATED UNIVERSE; 9 Legionnaires]
Andromeda, Bouncing Boy, Brainiac 5, Chameleon Boy, Cosmic Boy, Kid Quantum, Phantom Girl, Saturn Girl, Supergirl

[LEGION ANIMATED; 26 Legionnaires]
Blok, Bouncing Boy, Brainiac 5, Chameleon Boy, Colossal Boy, Cosmic Boy, Dawnstar, Dream Girl, Element Lad, Karate Kid, Lightning Lad, Matter-Eater Lad, Nemesis Kid, Phantom Girl, Saturn Girl, Shrinking Violet, Star Boy, Sun Boy, Superman, Superman X, Ultra Boy, Timber Wolf, Triplicate Girl, Tyroc, Ultra Boy, White Witch

[SMALLVILLE; 5 Legionnaires]
Brainiac 5, Clark Kent, Cosmic Boy, Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl

Future
The Present is Past

It's trickier than I thought it'd be, even with a list this big. Here's my votes for round one, to show a possible way to denote Legionnaires with more than one counterpart. Don't really care how you format it, so long as you're sure to specify which version of a Legionnaire you're talking about when more than one is listed! Remember: vote for your least favorite 25 only.

Atmos
Bloodclaw
Brainiac 5 [Smallville]
Chameleon Boy [Legion Toon]
Clark Kent [Smallville]
Crystal Kid
Dream Boy
Earth-Man
Echo
Elastic Lad
Ferro [Postboot]
Firefist
Graft
Kid Psycho
Kid Quantum [Postboot]
Phase [Dead Earth Legion]
Porcupine Pete
Reflecto
Shape
Shift
Storm Boy
Superboy [1,000,000]
Superman X
Turtle
Visi-Lad

Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
What, no Arthurian Legion? [Razz]

EXTERMINATE:
Atom Girl [Threeboot]
Brainiac 5 [Threeboot]
Chameleon [Threeboot]
Colossal Boy/Micro Lad [Threeboot]
Cosmic Boy [Threeboot]
Dream Boy [Threeboot]
Dream Girl [Threeboot]
Element Lad [Threeboot]
Insect Queen [Preboot]
Invisible Kid [Threeboot]
Karate Kid [Threeboot]
Light Lass [Threeboot]
Lightning Lad [Threeboot]
Mon-el [Threeboot]
Night Girl [Threeboot]
Phantom Girl [Threeboot]
Projectra [Threeboot]
Saturn Girl [Threeboot]
Shadow Lass [Threeboot]
Star Boy [Threeboot]
Sun Boy [Threeboot]
Supergirl [Threeboot]
Timber Wolf [Threeboot]
Triplicate Girl [Threeboot]
Ultra Boy [Threeboot]

[Big Grin]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
I find the first round to be pretty easy:

ELIMINATE:
[DEAD EARTH LEGION]

[LEGION 1,000,000]

[SMALLVILLE]
Clark Kent

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
Inferno (Sandy)
M'Onel
Valor
Superboy (Kon)
Bounty
Neon
Atmos
Sensor
Monstress
Chuck Taine

[Threeboot]
Micro Lad
Atom Girl
Dream Boy
Phantom Girl
Supergirl

LEGION 1,000,000;
Brainiac 417
The Chameleon
Cosmicbot
Dreamer
Implicate Girl
M'onelves
Superboy
Titangirl
The Umbra
Wildflame

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

ROUND ONE (Results)

Not a lot of votes this round. I'll chalk it up to the thread having already hovered around for a bit and the timing/length of the round cycle. All shall be corrected soon! But for now, the results:

With 3 votes each, Dream Boy and Superboy (1,000,000) are the first to go! [Dream Boy]

They're followed quickly by Atom Girl, Atmos, Brainiac 417, Chameleon (1,000,000), Clark Kent (Smallville), Dreamer (1,000,000), Graft, Micro Lad/Colossal Boy (threeboot), Implicate Girl, M'Onelves, Phantom Girl (threeboot), Phase, Shape, Shift, Supergirl (threeboot), Titangirl, Umbra (1,000,000), and Wildflame - each receiving two votes!

After that, we have a 50+ tie for the next spot. Since we have no previous round votes to break ties, we'll do a stay of execution and only eliminate the above 20 Legionnaires for this round.

Future
The Present is Past

Selfish double post [Bump] to place round two at the top of the next page.
  This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  20  21  22   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.