Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Avengers vs. X-Men Tournament! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Avengers vs. X-Men Tournament!
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
yes ... dani monnstar is depowered but still a Valkyrie but only gains her god like Valkyrie powers when Hela the god of death feels like it for special missions.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
1. Captain America vs. Namor
Captain America, for all his tactical know-how, is utterly unable to stop the Avenging Son, and Namor is relentless. Namor drops a building on him, but shields him from the worst of it, unwilling to kill a man who's been his friend longer than most of these combatants have been alive.

2. Giant Man vs. the Beast
The Beast proves an impossible target for the Giant Man, but when the Giant Man can also shrink and control swarms of insects, the match tilts in his favor. While Hank M. is distracted by a swarm of wasps, Hank P. enters his ear and delivers an electrical shock to his brain.

3. Dr. Strange vs. Psylocke
The telepathic ninja cheesecake assassin emerges from the shadows, her telepathic blade making contact with the Shields of the Seraphim and skittering off. She is surprised at the mental defenses that come with the innate psychic abilities common to sorcerers in the Marvel Universe, and the Sorcerer Supreme shakes his head in disapproval as he shuts her out of his mind, and wraps her in the Crimson Bands of Cytorrak.

4. Iron Man vs. Polaris
Armor hardened against magnetic attack, after multiple humiliating encounters with Magneto, Stark still finds Lorna's magnetic shields and storm of debris a challenge, and as she wears away at his magnetically-reinforced armor, is almost taken down, before he uses his Uni-Beam to generate a powerful strobe of coherent light, which her magnetic fields do nothing to prevent.

5. Iron Fist vs. Kitty Pryde
Real martial arts trump 'I was a ninja once, for about a week.' And the spiritual energies of the Iron Fist of K'un Lun can reach even those who think themselves untouchable.

6. Black Widow vs. Dani Moonstar
(Assuming that Dani remains depowered, and that this is Natasha, not Selena!) Dani's never-say-die attitude and fierce fighting spirit are no match for 'Tasha's six plus decades of experience and equally ruthless practicality.

7. Hawkeye vs. Havok
Clint survives the first targetted blast, and nearly takes Alex out with a sonic screamer arrow, disorienting the mutant as he releases some flash-bangs to close the deal. A hemispherical burst of cosmic force and flame incinerates the arrows before they can reach the reeling Summers, and continues forward in an unavoidable surge of power, hurling the acrobatic archer back into a wall, and ending this encounter.

8. Thor vs. Juggernaut Colossus
The powers of gods crack and thunder, golden lightning against crimson force. Thor's fatal mistake is in his confidence, as he closes to hand to hand with the Crimson Colossus, and once Piotr lays hands upon the Odinson, his unimaginable strength proves greater than Thor's immortal frame can stand.

9. Ms. Marvel vs. Storm
Storm attempts to evade Ms. Marvel's energy blasts, while clouding her perception with a pea soup fog, and sending bursts of freezing wind and rain from above, so as not to reveal her own position. While tactically sound, and her only chance against a nigh-invulnerable foe who can absorb energy, Ororo fails to account for Carol's flashes of cosmic awareness overcoming her concealing fogs, and is dropped by an energy blast.

10. Vision vs. Sunfire
Sunfire's most devasting blasts cannot reach the intangible Vision, and yet Vision cannot effectively hurt him with his own solar-powered energy attacks, being unable to use his phase attack without potentially melting his arm to slag (which he leans the hard way). The synthezoid resorts to ducking under cover, phasing into the ground, and popping up elsewhere, to solidify and hurl debris towards the blazing mutant. Sunfire might have been able to stop the debris with the heat of the sun, but he keeps attempting to time his shots to hit Vision while he's tangible, and finds out that the computer brain of the Vision is better at timing these things than he is, taking a chunk of asphalt to the face.

11. Hercules vs. Cable
"Zounds, these mortals, no matter how muscular their frames, are truly more fragile than they appear!"

12. the Wasp vs. M (supergirl type w/out superspeed)
Janet is overwhelmed by a telepathic assault, as the invulnerable M ignores her wasp's sting, and uses telepathy to find her when she tries to zip out of sight.

13. Quicksilver vs. Northstar
Arrogant silver-haired mutant speedsters collide, and Northstar's advantage of flight is negated by Quicksilver's vastly superior reflexes and mental reactions. It takes far less than the 5,000 pebbles that Pietro flung at hypersonic velocties to drive Jean-Paul from the sky.

14. Tigra vs. Domino
Domino's attempt to sniper-shot Tigra is foiled by the feline senses and superhuman reaction times of her quarry, who leads the lucky mutant on a nail-biting chase through several buildings. Tigra has the misfortune of one of her hiding places not being as well-concealed as anticipated, and takes a bullet for her trouble, but closes with a growl and tears the gun out of Domino's hands and soundly thrashes her with it. She licks her wounded arm afterwards, and quips, "Luck isn't everything."

15. the Sentry vs. Jean Grey the Phoenix!
The Sentry monologues about having the power of a thousand exploding suns, like the enormous prat that he is. Jean says, "I *eat* exploding suns." and uses her telepathy to shut him off like a light.

16. Sersi vs. Magma
Magma is not taking prisoners and overwhelms the Eternal transmuter with a wave of lava brought up from deep within the earth. Sersi looks mildly annoyed (more by the smell, than anything) and turns it into a geyser of Dom Perignon. A few moments later, she's atop the Empire State building, sipping a flute of Dom and holding an annoyed yapping dog with a little gold tag that reads 'Amara.'

17. Spider Man vs. Banshee
Peter and Sean look at each other, squinty-eyed as a tumbleweed rolls past. Then Spider-Man webs up Banshee's mouth. It's over terribly fast.

18. Wonder Man vs. Legion ( TK, telepathy, pyrokinesis)
Wonder Man doesn't recognize the mutant before him, and tries to go easy on him, slamming a fist into the ground and hurling Legion off-balance. The telepathic assault that follows brings him to his knee, and he pounds the earth again as he staggers, hoping to disrupt the mutant's concentration, only to see that Legion has risen into the air using his telekinesis, and is undistracted by the resulting shockwave. Simon's last image is of a dozen very different versions of Legion mocking him as he slips into unconsciousness.

19. Black Knight vs. Nightcrawler
Kurt is almost fatally surprised when the Ebony Blade proves able to cleave open the rapidly-closing rift through the Brimstone Dimension that he uses to transport himself, and the Black Knight follows him on one of his jaunts, appearing right beside him. Only the Black Knight's hesitation, as he is unwilling to bloody the blade and risk activating it's curse, allows Nightcrawler to get the drop on the swordsman, and teleport-drop him into the bay.

20. Firestar vs. Cannonball
Sam's blast-field protects him from Angelica's microwave blasts. The Guthrie family being as fertile as they are, she doesn't even succeed in making him sterile. A few 'fly bys' and she is battered into unconsciousness by the much faster mutant.

21. Quasar vs. Rachel Grey
Telepathy is the go-to power for taking out people hiding behind force fields, so it's hardly a shock that Rachel Grey reaches for that tool in her belt. What is a shock, for her, is that Wendell has been gifted with cosmic insight by Eon, and the brief exposure to all of eternity she experiences in this unwelcome intrusion into his mind is reminiscent of what the original Phoenix did to Jason Wyngarde. Quasar is somewhat embarassed to later admit that he's not sure how he beat her. "She looked at me and put her fingers to her temples, and then had some sort of seizure. I hope she's okay..."

22. Crystal vs. Madrox the Multiple Man
Snap. Snap. Snap. A dozen Madroxes swarm at the Inhuman elemental, and she hurls them back with gusts of wind, and then erects a wall of earth between herself and the mob o' Madrox. He forms a human pyramid and launches one of himself over the barrier, redoubling himself on the other side, while others circle around to try and catch her off guard. She repels the frontal assault with a wall of fire, knowing they won't be able to climb *that,* but falls to a sucker-punch from behind, as one of the sneaky martial-arts trained Madroxes flank her.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     

Captain America

hmmm... two scientific minds. Tough one. I'll give it to Beast

3. Dr. Strange vs. Psylocke - not sure how powerful Psylocke is, but Doc Strange seems pretty experienced so I'll give it to him

4. Iron Man vs. Polaris - if Magneto could beat Iron Man in the mini, I'll give Polaris the benefit of the doubt and say she could do it too

Kitty Pryde

Black Widow

7. Hawkeye vs. Havok

Havok

Thor

9. Ms. Marvel vs. Storm

I think Ms. Marvel can absorb energy, correct? So giving it to her.

10. Vision vs. Sunfire

Vision

11. Hercules vs. Cable

Hercules

What I remember from M is she's pretty powerful. Can Wasp go microscopic? I think her limit is a few cm. So giving it to M

Northstar

14. Tigra vs. Domino

Domino, cause of the luck powers

Powerful telepath vs. mentally unstable man. Phoenix

16. Sersi vs. Magma

Sersi

Spider Man

Legion

Nightcrawler

Firestar

Quasar's immune to telepathy, right? Quasar

Crystal

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:

16. Sersi vs. Magma

Is Sersi a psychic type? I'll say she can beat the fire/lava (?) dealer.

Sersi is arguably one of the most powerful characters in the MU --- she has all the standard god like attributes, plus telepathy, teleportation, magic, and is probably the best matter transmutator in the MU. and she dosn't have many scrupples. [Big Grin]

Quasar is like a suped up green lantern ... he has wrist bands that control light and he flies through space.

Magma, can't fly, she has a lava form and can make earthquakes and lava shoot out of the ground, create volcanoes, and fire blasts of flame.

[ May 06, 2012, 06:38 AM: Message edited by: Power Boy ]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy:

16. Black Panther vs. Kitty Pryde
Kitty Pryde BARELY!!

YES!! [Big Grin]

CK? [shrug] Black Panther outsmarts Kitty ... [No] [Wink]

I direct you to the Marvel Knights Christopher Priest Black Panther series as proof that the Panther can outsmart ever single other person in the MU. He may not be the greatest intellect, but he's definitely the most clever hero.

However, I will say I've been in love with Kitty Pryde for 15 years and she is one of my favorite characters in all comics. So I def have her back when needed. (And her front too [Wink] ).

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

1. Captain America vs. Namor - while the 'Cap never loses' attitude is tough to overcome, I have to give this one to Namor. He's Superman with an attitude almost.

2. Giant Man vs. the Beast - Giant-Man can not only outsmart Hank, he can use his powers & pym particles to take care of this.

3. Dr. Strange vs. Psylocke - magic at Strange's level trumps even the strongest telepath.

4. Iron Man vs. Polaris - Tony is my boy but c'mon. If Polaris can't beat Iron Man, she should just fly into the sun.

5. Iron Fist vs. Kitty Pryde - I'll take my girl [Razz]

6. Black Widow vs. Dani Moonstar - sorry Danny, but the Widow will ruthlessly take you out.

7. Hawkeye vs. Havok - Clint causes Alex to cause insane amounts of damage and suffering to onlookers and then takes him out while he's feeling bad about it.

8. Thor vs. Juggernaut Colossus - when Thor was still a boy, he cut his teeth kicking the crap out of dozens of Juggernaut Colossus types. He wins this one and then gets into ten more fights afterwards to celebrate.

9. Ms. Marvel vs. Storm - possibly the best match of the round. While Carol is strong, focused and tactical, Storm is all those things plus more cunning and more than willing to drop the 'goddess' charade to let the thief of Cairo in to finish off Carol.

10. Vision vs. Sunfire - good one! But Vision finishes off Sunfire after he gets his bearings.

11. Hercules vs. Cable - hate to vote against my boy Herc twice but he honestly should not last long against Cable.

12. the Wasp vs. M (supergirl type w/out superspeed) - a draw in the 'tude department when the chips are down, M just overwhelms the Wasp with her powers.

13. Quicksilver vs. Northstar - not sure I've ever seen Northstar dig deep and overcome insurmountable odds before (references?) but I know Pietro can. Plus, Pietro is as ruthless as Von Doom when he needs to be.

14. Tigra vs. Domino - Domino, and disrespectfully too.

15. the Sentry vs. Jean Grey the Phoenix! - Phoenix takes him out. Few Avengers will be able to beat her...maybe only 2.

16. Sersi vs. Magma - Sersi hands down.

17. Spider Man vs. Banshee - Spider-Man beats guys like Banshee for a living, even though Sean is my dude.

18. Wonder Man vs. Legion ( TK, telepathy, pyrokinesis) - Simon because I find Legion to be the most annoying mutant character of all. Maybe new angry-Simon can hurl him into space after?

19. Black Knight vs. Nightcrawler - two long-time favorites where I like both too much to root against one. But when all is said and done, Nightcrawler probably wins via usage of his powers, though Dane would have challenged him on pure grit alone.

20. Firestar vs. Cannonball - Cannonball through sheer strategy.

21. Quasar vs. Rachel Grey - Rachel

22. Crystal vs. Madrox the Multiple Man - Crystal reminds everyone she's one of Marvel's most powerful. Possible makeout session follows though.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by Set:
The Sentry monologues about having the power of a thousand exploding suns, like the enormous prat that he is. Jean says, "I *eat* exploding suns." and uses her telepathy to shut him off like a light.

[ROTFLMAO]
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

ROUND TWO! RESULTS!!

NAMOR! close though.

Giant Man. also close.

3. Dr. Strange vs. Psylocke
Dr. Strange by a landslide ... Maybe he will transform her back into her original body while he's at it.

4. Iron Man vs. Polaris
Polaris. and ...
Click Here For A SpoilerIron Man did beat Magneto in the current series! [LOL] which was part of the reason I started this tournament!

Iron Fist ... barely.

Black Widow spanks Dani Moonstar.

7. Hawkeye vs. Havok
Havok. but close.

Thor, another close fight.

9. Ms. Marvel vs. Storm
Ms. Marvel. beats her old friend just barely.

10. Vision vs. Sunfire
Vision.

11. Hercules vs. Cable
Herc!

M beats my favorite Avengers leader. was close though.

Northstar. barely. I forgot how evil Quicklsilver could be but seeing Northstar not only beat Sabretooth but humiliate him and quickly ... changed how I thought about Northtstar forever.

14. Tigra vs. Domino
Domino.

The Phoenix eats the Sentry alive.

16. Sersi vs. Magma
Sersi. She might even be yawning right now. I set this up because of the old Selene vs. Magma fights.

Spider Man.

Legion pulls it out.

Nightcrawler owns Dane. Sorry Dane.

Cannonball squeaks past Firestar.

Quasar slides by Rachel Grey.

Crystal has a tough time with Madrox but she wins.

The Avengers might pulling away from the X-Men in this round!

Avengers 12
X-Men 10

One round to the Avengers and one round to the X-Men!

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

FINAL ROUND WINNER TAKE ALL ... unless it's a tie ... then there will have to be some sort of tie breaker.

the X-Men call two new friends to even the numbers and the power levels out:

Gladiator = Mon El / Superman but with a psychic root of his powers.

Mimic = a power AND skills mimic can copy anyone within a certain range, and has the permanent powers of the agile and strong original hairless beast (no claws), the wings of the angel, the telekinesis of Marvel Girl, optic blast from Cyclops, weaker telepathy from Prof. X, and Ice generation from Ice Man.

drum roll please ......

let's get ready to ruuuuuuummmmmbbbbllllleeeee

----------------------------------------->

1. Giant Man vs. Cannonball

2. Dr. Strange vs. Legion

3. Iron Fist vs. Nightcrawler

4. Black Widow vs. Domino

5. Thor vs. Gladiator

6. Ms. Marvel vs. Mimic

7. Hercules vs. Namor

8. Vision vs. M

9. Sersi vs. Phoenix

10. Spiderman vs. Northstar

11. Quasar vs. Havok

12. Crystal vs. Polaris

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
1. Giant Man vs. Cannonball - Sam impresses Hank and proves he has what it takes, but in the end, Pym's brain-power and penchant for bizarre uses of powers give him the upper-hand.

2. Dr. Strange vs. Legion - Dr. Strange kills Legion once and for all! [Evil]

3. Iron Fist vs. Nightcrawler - this would be a fantastic battle to watch (as drawn by Byrne / Austen)! I'm going with Nightcrawler.

4. Black Widow vs. Domino - Domino's luck runs out as the Black Widow triumphs.

5. Thor vs. Gladiator - Perhaps the best battle of this round, but Thor triumphs. He's beaten Gladiator before, and he's used to fighting guys at this power level, where perhaps Gladiator is used to just pummeling his opponents.

6. Ms. Marvel vs. Mimic - Carol wins by sheer willpower.

7. Hercules vs. Namor - old grudge match! A lot of fun but Namor wins on pure grit and ruthlessness, though not before Herc embarrasses (and infuriates) him a few times.

8. Vision vs. M - ooh, tough one! I think it could actually go either way, so I'll give it to the Vision for experience and M's inability to use her telepathy on him.

9. Sersi vs. Phoenix - if any single Avenger could beat the Phoenix (besides Dr. Strange) it would be Sersi. Unfortunately, I don't think Sersi could quite get it done alone.

10. Spiderman vs. Northstar - sorry Northstar, but Spider-Man would pull this one off like he always does. Given the number of Spider-Man solo stories, you have to assume Spider-Man beats a super-powered foe up twice a day, everyday.

11. Quasar vs. Havok - Havok has the upper-hand in terms of experience & strategy I think.

12. Crystal vs. Polaris - family match! Polaris is the probable favorite but I think the Inhuman Princess pulls this one off by showing she's tougher than she looks and she is a master at using her powers, though does not showboat enough for other superheroes to know much about her fighting style beforehand.

Most fun round yet!

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Cannonball rips Hank Pym a new one, and trashes the surroundings but, Hank thinks of something. Giant Man.

Dr. Strange is mildly annoyed by Legion's telekinesis, telepathy, and pyrokinesis. He even exorcises some of Legion's personalities.

This fight would looks so cool as these guys stalk each other! Nightcrawler is lucky he can teleport. Nightcrawler.

Black Widow figures out Domino's tricks, and switches strategies to whatever works. Widow.

5. Thor vs. Gladiator

Thor's powers aren't based on his mind, and he has no self confidence issues. Thor.

6. Ms. Marvel vs. Mimic

Ms. Marvel, If worse comes to worst Ms. Marvel absorbs the energy of a star until she overloads Mimic.

7. Hercules vs. Namor

I think Namor for some reason, he seems nastier, and he can fly.

8. Vision vs. M

hmmmm, Vision ? M? I think Vision because he has saved the Avengers bacon many times. A phased fist to M's chest would have to be higher density than usual but would still work.

9. Sersi vs. Phoenix

I think Sersi has something planned ... some way to finess this. Sersi.

Spiderman. Spiderman was really hard to match up in this tournament, I mean he's a street level fighter but he's also beat down the Fire Lord, a herald of Galactus.

11. Quasar vs. Havok

Quasar seems to be losing in a battle of the blasts ... until his light snakes around and pops Havok on the head.

12. Crystal vs. Polaris

They seem to be evenly matched. Polaris throws some metal at Crystal, Crystal blocks it with the earth. They trade fire and magnetic bolts. and then Polaris collapses from lack of oxygen. The shy Crystal comes up with something when her back's against the wall.

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
1. Giant Man
2. Dr. Strange
3. Nightcrawler
4. Black Widow
5. Thor
6. Ms. Marvel
7. Hercules
8. Vision
9. Phoenix (close one though)
10. Northstar
11. Quasar
12. Crystal

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Growing AND shrinking AND whatever Pym particles do seems like an impressive array of powers. I think Giant Man might win this one.

Magic may be a deus ex machina power-set but it's one that makes sense to me. I think a character like Dr Strange would be pretty unbeatable until he came up against someone designed to take him out. The Sorcerer.

Teleportation is one of my favourite powers but I guess it only gets you so far when you're fighting a specialist fighter. I'll give this one to Iron Fist.

Luck only gets you so far in life. You need to work hard to take care of the rest. And Black Widow seems like a very hard worker. Her.

5. Thor vs. Gladiator
Well, Superman beat Thor in the JLA/Avengers book. [Razz] But I think Thor might beat this cheap Marvel knock-off. So, him.

6. Ms. Marvel vs. Mimic
I'm not quite sure what Ms Marvel does other than rock a sash, and Mimic seems pretty powerful, but I'm sure she got to her position as Marvel's #1 femme (isn't she? I'm having trouble thinking of a Wonder Woman level heroine at Marvel?) somehow - so I'll give this one to her.

7. Hercules vs. Namor
Ooooh. I like both of these characters and this seems like a tough/close fight. I'll say Hercules' godly strength gives him the edge.

8. Vision vs. M
If M is as powerful as Supergirl I'll say she should win this one.

9. Sersi vs. Phoenix
From what little I know of the character, Phoenix seems like she'd be too powerful for most of her opponents here. So I'll say her.

Echoing what I said about Spiderman in the last round, I'll give this one to Northstar.

11. Quasar vs. Havok
Quasar seems like he'd be pretty powerful so I'll give this one to him.

12. Crystal vs. Polaris
Hmmm. Now that I know what Crystal does, I like her even more. I kinda like Polaris too, but I think controlling four elements trumps controlling one element - so I'll give this to the gal with the cool hair thing and rockin' yellow costume (not enough super-heroes wear yellow IMO).

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
1. Cannonball. I think back to Sam taking on Gladiator of all people single-handedly and winning. While Pym has his smarts and size versatility on his side, his 'Giant-Man' personna couldn't hurt a 'blasting' Sam and his 'Ant-Man' personna may get too rattled in Sam's rocket brain before he could do anything. Of course then maybe Hank revives inside Sam's brain hours later and ... okay, thinking too hard.
2. Dr. Strange. A good illusion will take the delusional Legion to the wayside.
3. Iron Fist.
4. Domino. As long as she stays in motion, luck will win out with her against almost any opponent.
5. Thor.
6. Ms. Marvel.
7. Hercules.
8. Vision. Like others have said, not having a human brain and having density powers gives him an edge over M.
9. Phoenix, who ends up becoming Dark Phoenix to beat Sersi. Yay ...oh.
10. Northstar, though barely. I think speed and dazzling lights can trump his spider-sense.
11. Quasar, due to raw power.
12. Crystal, ditto.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:

6. Ms. Marvel vs. Mimic
I'm not quite sure what Ms Marvel does other than rock a sash, and Mimic seems pretty powerful, but I'm sure she got to her position as Marvel's #1 femme (isn't she? I'm having trouble thinking of a Wonder Woman level heroine at Marvel?) somehow - so I'll give this one to her.

Ms. Marvel is looking more and more like the Wonder Woman of the MU. Soon to be "Captain Marvel" IIRC. Which I think is great ... she'll be losing the sash and the swimsuit in favor of a more militaristic look.

She (as Set put it, IIRC) is a flying brick with power blasts ... but also has been shown to absorb and emit large amounts of energy, and also could fly through space unaided ... but this was reduced a few years ago but ... seems to be gradually coming back.

Also, she used to have a danger sense but i haven't seen it used in a long time.

She's also got lots of military/spy training which seems to get forgotten because she's a flying brick.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.