Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Avengers vs. J.S.A. Tournament! J.S.A. VICTORIOUS!

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Avengers vs. J.S.A. Tournament! J.S.A. VICTORIOUS!
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Avengers won tournament one against the X-Men. Wonder how they will do in Tournament 2 against the JSA ... another iconic team.

This one will be shorter, maybe just one round unless it's close. Just like the last one, it's based off of individual matches, the team with the most individual matches wins the round.

-------------------------------------------------

1. Thor vs. Alan Scott the Sentinel/Green Lantern
2. Hank Pym/Giant Man/Ant Man etc. vs. Mr. Terrific (Michael Holt)
3. The Wasp vs. Miss America (ageless transmutator)
4. Hulk vs. Sandman / Sandy (Silicon - Earth powers version)
5. Captain America vs. Black Canary (Dinah Lance)
6. Iron Man vs. Jack Knight Starman
7. Dr. Strange vs. Dr. Fate (Nabu)
8. Ms. Marvel vs. Power Girl
9. Hawkeye vs. Hawkgirl (Kendra)

[ May 19, 2012, 02:06 PM: Message edited by: Power Boy ]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     

Thor.

Alan Scott's just a well above average human if you take away his ring. I'm not sure what his ring could come up with to hurt Thor anyway, except for raw power

I'd love to see Michael Holt summarize all of Hank Pym's abilities and then have his T-spheres go about blasting Hank ... big or small.

Hmm, maybe the Wasp could zap her a few times before Miss America turned her to cotton candy but I think Miss America is strong enough to take a Wasp blast or two ... the Wasps only chance is to outsmart Miss America ... which she could do but ... Miss America's not exactly dumb.

Miss America

Hulk. nah ... Hulk spends a good deal of time stomping on Sandy ... almost pulverizing him but .... Sandy pulls it out ... he slinks a small party of himself through Hulk's ear canal and squeezes the Hulk's brain ... until he has a seizure. If Sandy wasn't as smart as he is, I'd give this to the Hulk.

Sandman.

Black Canary. Have you seen her fight in the JLU cartoon ?

Scary good. Plus, she has two lifetimes worth of experience ... and that sonic scream to bail her out ... a shield might stop the brunt of it but not all ... and Cap needs every bit of composure to take her out ... unless it's in his own book. Besides ... Black Canary uses a lot of Karate Chops ... I'm a big fan of Karate Chops.

6. Iron Man vs. Star Man

Jack Knight may be one the scrappiest characters in comics ... but other than giving the Iron Man a tough time ... I just don't see what he can do ..

Iron Man

Nabu. Just because. [Wink] There's sorcerer supreme's but then there are lords of order. Actually i think according to their powers and adventures, Strange should/could win but I think he will be caught off balance by facing who he is facing and Nabu puts the smack down quickly.

Power Girl has a great time. Kicking Ms. Marvel's ass. sorry Carol.

I don't think Kendra will mind a half dozen arrows sticking out of various body parts. Once her cray cray gets close to Hawkeye ... he can't take a mace to the face quite as well!

Hawkgirl.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
1. Alan Scott (for greater experience)
2. Mr. Terrific (Michael Holt)
3. Miss America (she IS a transmutator)
4. Sandman / Sandy (don't see how Hulk could hurt him)
5. Black Canary (Dinah Lance) - cause of the sonic scream)
6. Iron Man
7. Dr. Fate (Nabu) - tough one, but I went with Nabu cause he's... well, is he human?
8. Power Girl ( i think Kara's WAY faster)
9. Hawkgirl (Kendra)

Peebz I love these games of yours! Even if you kept em going 20 rounds each I'd still play!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     

The Odinson vs. the Starheart? Quite an epic battle, potentially, and I'd give it to Thor. He's been fighting cosmic entities for three thousand years.

Hank is, at times, overly dependent on his size-changing shenanigans, and Michael manages to evade 'Giant-Pym' and his T-spheres are able to track and maintain fire on 'Ant-Pym.' Michael adapts better to unpredictable challenges in the field, and barely ekes out a victory.

Miss America's powers seem overwhelming, but Jan can move at sub-atomic scale through anything she can create, and distracts her with a swarm of insects and a barrage of bio-electric blasts, preventing the heroine-out-of-time from trapping the ever-so-fashionable Avenger until a wasp's sting takes her down.

The Hulk's raw power overwhelms the silicate Sandman, scattering his earthen self over a dozen city blocks.

A fast-paced moving battle ensues, as the two acrobats dance around each other. Cap quickly learns to never throw his shield, as he's nearly overwhelmed by her first Canary's Cry, but he is tougher than she had anticipated, and rolls with the blow, recovering his shield and closing in for hand to hand, trusting that the one thing Vibranium is best at is absorbing sound...

6. Iron Man vs. Starman (Jack Knight)

Stark's armor has ways to overcome almost any challenge, and Knight's abilities prove no exception.

Nabu is the sort of entity that the Sorcerer Supreme invokes for his power, and yet Stephen Strange has beaten such entities in the past... In this case, however, the Lord of Order proves more than his match, and Strange meets his Fate.

Kara cleans Carol's clock. It's not even a contest, really.

Clint finds Kendra a nearly impossible target, having to resort to an explosive arrow to drive her from the sky, only to discover belatedly that she's brutally effective at hand to hand combat!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
So difficult for me to answer this without looking at everyone else's answers first! LOL

Also, I am gonna assume we're talking about modern-day JSA, not WWII era JSA....and also assume that neither of these teams know anything about the other so theyr'e coming at it with no prior knowledge of powers/tactics/etc

-------------------------------------------------

Alan. Thor is awesome powerful, but he usually just goes in throwing punches and the occasional lightning blast...I think he would underestimate Alan long enough that Alan could take advantage of that to win.

Hmm...I am gonna give this to Hank. With growth, shrinking, ants and whatever gadgets he's got shrunk down in his pockets I think it's a good variety of unpredictable things to have to deal with.

I don't know much about Miss America, but wikipedia leads me to believe she would win.

HULK SMASH!

Cap (sorry Dinah!)

6. Iron Man vs Starman
Iron Man

Dr Strange has been so watered down in recent years...I say Dr Fate

I think Carol would give her a decent tussle, but Power Girl wins (Power Girl vs She-Hulk would be interesting!)

Hawkeye. Net arrow + Electro-arrow = g'night Kendra [Smile]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

We need someone to break the tie:

so far Thor vs. Alan Scott are tied 2 votes to 2.
same with Captain America and Black Canary.
and Hulk vs. Sandman.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Thor vs. Alan Scott the Sentinel/Green Lantern - Alan is the man, but unfortunately Thor takes him out here. While Alan has the grit and the power, Thor just has it a bit more.

Hank Pym/Giant Man/Ant Man etc. vs. Mr. Terrific (Michael Holt) - perhaps the most evently matched battle, Hank Pym still takes based on experience and the craziness of his ideas.

The Wasp vs. Miss America - Miss America has her.

Hulk vs. Sandman / Sandy - this one is no contest to me. The Hulk whips him.

Captain America vs. Black Canary - sorry Dinah, but Cap has you.

Iron Man vs. Starman - Iron Man; again, no real chance for Starman at all. The *only* Starman who might have a chance is Ted Knight during his late prime when he had both experience and the physical prowess.

Dr. Strange vs. Dr. Fate (Nabu) - a pretty evenly matched battle that should really have no winner. Since "Nabu" was put in parenthesis, I'll assume the lack of a human entity gives Nabu the upper-hand on pure ruthlessness, and Dr. Fate pulls this one off.

Ms. Marvel vs. Power Girl - Power Girl

Hawkeye vs. Hawkgirl - Hawkgirl might have the toughness, but Hawkeye is much more clever and has vast experience battling other superheroes one on one. Hawkeye takes her.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

RESULTS ARE IN !! thanks CK!

1. Thor 3 votes to 2. over Alan Scott.
2. Mr. Terrific beats Hank 3 votes to 2.
3. Miss America defeats the Wasp 4 to 1.
4. Hulk beats Sandy 3 to 2.
5. Captain America beats Dinah 3 to 2.
6. Iron Man.
7. NABU.
8. Power Girl.

All three matches were shut outs.

9. Hawkgirl wins against Hawkeye 3 to 2.

The tiebreaker resulted in some upsets:

JSA win the day with 5 matches!

Avengers lose just barely with 4 matches.

Before the tie breaker it looked like the JSA might blow away the Avengers.

Congrats to the J.S.A !!!

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

More, more, more Peebz!

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

I like your appetite!
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

I can be quite voracious [Wink]

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.