Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Re-origining Superheroes - the game

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Re-origining Superheroes - the game
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I was thinking of this old thread in Bits where the Legionaires were given 21st century origins.

Part 2 21st Century Legion Part 1

Plus with the new origins for the Earth 2 heroes, I thought we could make a game of this.

You take the hero provided and give them a new origin. For example, Batman would not be someone who had bat powers, but his origin would change much like how it has changed from a random bat flying theough his window to having a fear of bats due to an incident when he was a young boy.

The powers of the hero should remain the same but can be tweak a little. A la Spiderman having organic webs vs mechanical web shooters. You can also place the hero in a different setting such as putting Captain America in the Revolutionary war or changing Hawkman from a reincarnated prince to an alien from another planet.

This should also involve a little story telling. So, no just saying Iron Man has mystical armor. Weave a little story.

I'l start off with a new Spiderman origin. I'll then name another hero that the next person needs to rework her/his origin. They then name another hero for the next person.

Spider-Man

May Parker looked out the window at her husband Ben and young Peter. Peter grew up believing that May and Ben were his aunt and uncle, but they weren't. They were members of the cult of Anansi, the Spider God and young Peter was the child prophecy had foretold would be their great champion. And so he was stolen from his parents and given to the Parkers. They had raise Peter without his knowledge of the cult as per the prophecy and grew to love him like he was their own son. Tonight would be the ceremony that would change Peter and change the world.

Peter wondered where his aunt and uncle were taking him. It was not like them to be so secretive. The car drove out of the city. pass the suburbs, and out into the rural countryside. As the sun began to set, Peter saw a strange stone building with weird symbols painted on the walls. Was this where they were going?

There were many cars in the parking area, but Ben pulled up right to the front door. Robed and hooded figures spilled out of the building. They reached into the car and pulled Peter out. "Uncle Ben! Aunt May! Help me!" Peter struggled against the men, but to no avail. As Peter was carried into the building he saw his aunt and uncle greeting the strangers and being handed similar robes.

Peter was made to drink a potion. As it took effect Peter ceased to struggle and became compliant. He watched as he was stripped naked and lead to a large stone altar in the center chamber of the building. Sickly sweet incense filled the air. The mass of hooded figures were chanting in some unrecognizable language. Peter was tied down to the altar. Two figures came forward. It was Aunt May and Uncle Ben. "You have a great destiny Peter and a powerful responsibility." Aunt May kissed Peter's forehead and then they went back to the mass of cultists. A man in a robe covered with the same symbols as on the building approached Peter. He raised a jagged silver knife over his head. As he plunged the blade down, Peter screamed. But the knife halted just above his chest. The high priest than used the knife to draw a huge spider on Peter's chest. The blood from the wounds was used to draw the symbols on the rest of Peter's body. The chanting grew louder in Peter's ears "Anansi! Anansi! Anasi!" "Come oh great one and take this one to do your will!" From the ceiling came a tiny spider. But as it neared Peter, it grew in size until it was the same size as Peter. The spider laid on top of Peter and began to melt into his body. Peter could feel another mind touching his, merging with his. "You are to be my avatar!"

When Anasi had fully entered Peter's body, he flexed Peter's arms and broke the ropes holding him to the altar. Standing on the altar arms akimbo, Peter/Anasi looked out at his followers. "Bring me my clothing!" Pants and a shirt of red and blue were brought out. "And the mask of Anasi!" That too was brought.

"I will explore this world on my own. Wait for my call!" Peter leaped to the ceiling and clung to it. Crawling through a hole in the ceiling, Anasi vanished in the night. But soon there were reports of a strange Spider-Man seen above the streets of New York.

So, what do you think?

The next hero is: Plastic Man

[ July 13, 2012, 07:42 AM: Message edited by: Quislet, Esq ]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq:
I was thinking of this old thread in Bits where the Legionaires were given 21st century origins.

Part 2 21st Century Legion Part 1

"Old"? "Thinking"? My latest post was only last week! Why aren't you reading it? [Razz]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, it is an old thread based upon the date it was started. [Razz]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Plastic Man

Eel O'Brien tried not to think about the guilt. Just one more job, and then he'd go straight. He owed that much to his kid.

He crawled along the factory in the dark. What was so special about the plastic formula being invented here that this big corporate fat cat would pay him to steal it? Whatever. He wasn't paid to ask questions, just to do his job.

He inched along the walkway. Slowly... slowly...

The alarms sounded. DAMN! His partner Doiby must have missed one. Oh well, one more heist after this one then...

Turning to escape, he froze. No! The guards were already here!

He turned to hold up his hands in surrender. No, he'd been so close... but better to go to jail than die -

Argh! He was shot! He clutched his arm. Then he fell. He remembered the sensation of falling, and the hot scalding of his skin as he fell into the vat of plastic.

And that was the last thing he remembered before waking up in the sewers. He didn't feel pain anymore. He felt... fluid.

Like plastic. Like a Plastic Man.

Next hero: Firestorm

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Firestorm.

New York City firefighter Ron Raymond had responded to the emergency call like any other, unaware that the explosion had been only the first of two, and that the building would come down minutes after he ran inside.

The shockwave threw him sideways, and then the fire washed over him in waves, and he could feel himself coming apart, atom by atom, as if the fire was sandblasting away his old self, and yet leaving behind something pure and elemental, like an archaeologist chipping away the dust of aeons to reveal something primal and thought lost to the world forever.

Days had passed, and the wreckage still smoldered, molten at it's heart. 'I am fire,'[/i] he thought, as his consciousness returned, 'destroying what is impure to clear the way for new life.' Using more instinct than anything else, his body reformed from the ashes of it's own destruction, stronger than ever before, reassembled atom by atom, as his newfound gift for transmutation raised him like a phoenix, to greet the new day.

Next hero: Black Orchid

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Black Orchid can remember when she was just a girl living in a village near the rainforests. She can remember opposing the men who were trying to destroy the rainforest.

She can remember a short pain, and darkness. And waking up again in a changed body.

Now she punishes the evil men who destroy nature. Just as she has punished the men who destroyed her...

Next hero: Wonder Woman

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.