Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Where am I? (Part III) (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 48 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  46  47  48   
Author Topic: Where am I? (Part III)
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Does the town you're in begin with a letter between A and G, inclusive?

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Not A to G.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Are you in Healy Lake?

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

not Healy Lake. Nor any community with a Lake in its name.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Recap:

- in Alaska
- not on the panhandle or the Kenai peninsula
- not north of Fairbanks
- east of Anchorage
- not closer to Anchorage in longitude than to the Canadian border
- not on the coast of the Gulf of Alaska (nor on a gulf coast)
- not in a community located along routes 1-11 or 98
- not in Southeastern Alaska as described here http://wikitravel.org/en/File:Alaska_regions_map.png
- not in Valdez, Northway, Eagle Village, Lake Louise, Healy Lake, or any place with "Lake" in its name
- the year-round population of the place is not more than 100 people. But seasonal fluctuations, even excluding tourists, tend to put the number above 100 for portions of the year
- not north of the Kenai Peninsula and south of Anchorage
- town's name begins with a letter from H to M, inclusive

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Are you somewhere in the Valdez-Cordova census area, as described here?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valdez-Cordova_Census_Area,_Alaska

[ August 11, 2012, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: Invisible Brainiac ]

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Why, yes I am! That should narrow down the guessing quite significantly.
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Are you in either McCarthy or Mendeltna?

--------------------

Chaim Mattis Keller

Are you in McCarthy?

(Mendeltna is on Route 1)

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

McCarthy it is!

I spent a summer there in 1993.
at the time, this was the only way to get to town from the outside world:
http://www.twohikers.org/westernmtns/Chitistone95/tram.jpg
http://www.alaskagold.com/copper/images/mcart1f.jpg
and my first trip, it was full of supplies; I had to stand on the outer frame and hold onto the top as I zoomed over the rapids.

this is the place I worked
http://www1.artflakes.com/artwork/products/566298/poster/962134.jpg
although generally not in this building; they had other properties around and a lot of what I did was landscaping-oriented.

go, Ibby!

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Sounds like a majorly fun and adventurous experience, Kent.

It's CMK who actually guessed McCarthy, though.

--------------------

lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
OK, Chaim, are you in the Americas?
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

That tram looks way cool (no pun intended). Where's the other (non-McCarthy) end connected to? But that lodge needs more moose antlers. There's way too much of the wooden walls visible.

I am not in the Americas.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

the other side is McCarthy Road, which connects to state route 10 at Chitina (60 miles down the road) (route 10 goes east from Chitina, connecting with 4, and was supposed to continue south to Cordova, but was never finished).

Are you in Eurasia?

Chaim Mattis Keller

I am in Eurasia.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

This topic comprises 48 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  46  47  48   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.