Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » 'Kingdom Come' / DC Direct Figures (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 'Kingdom Come' / DC Direct Figures
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
is anyone getting any of the 'KINGDOM COME' action figures, that come out next week ??

from the pictures i've seen of them, the detail looks great, they've really captured the artwork of ALEX ROSS !!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
i'll probably get the SUPERMAN and WONDER WOMAN figures, first ..... but i think i did read you can buy the first 4 in a special boxset ??

so depending on the price, i'll have to see ....

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm definitely getting the Captain Marvel figure that comes out later this year... haven't decided yet whether or not I'm going to get any of the others...
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I really wanted to get these when I first saw them but don't know if I can afford to now. And Wizard has a mailaway offer for a special Red Arrow to go with the set. Another temptation I'm trying hard to resist. Maybe I can pick them up cheap on eBay later on.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
Did these actually come out this week? If so, my comic shop has some 'splainin' to do.

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

quote:
Originally posted by rokk steady:
Did these actually come out this week? If so, my comic shop has some 'splainin' to do.

i was expecting to see them, this week ??

they were DATED as coming out on Wednesday ....

not sure ??

Matthew.

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The first set had a release date of July 16. They should have been out Wednesday. The next set, consisting of Kid Flash, Red Robin, Shazam and Batman is due out September 10.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

so do we know anymore on these 'missing' figures ???

Matthew.

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Not sure Matthew. I haven't heard anything official about them being late but I haven't been to my store this week. Probably won't get to go until next Wednesday at the earliest. But I'll be looking for them there.
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

i checked the DC DIRECT MB ... they have been put back 3 weeks !!!

Matthew.

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I got to see them up close at the DCD booth at San Diego. They look good, but so far I think I'll only be getting the GL and Red Robin figures.

I saw Red Arrow at another booth as well. It's basically a repainted Green Arrow figure.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

i just checked E-BAY they have quite a few LOTS for these figures .... but hopefully they will be out in the UK next week ???

the boxes looked pretty good, with the cover artwork as the backgrounds ....

Matthew.

Lightning Lad
Founder

Have you seen the figs for sets 2 and 3? Gary sent me the DC Direct catalog from the con and it has images of the 3 sets. I'll dig it out and post a pic of 2 and 3 later on if anyone wants.
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Have you seen the figs for sets 2 and 3? Gary sent me the DC Direct catalog from the con and it has images of the 3 sets. I'll dig it out and post a pic of 2 and 3 later on if anyone wants.

i'd love to see them SCOTT !!!

Matthew.

the boy with UltraPowers
Active

i've just phoned my comic store, and they DID have the KINGDOM COME figures !!! but they sold out of them all !!!

damn !!! i want them even more now !!!

they said they may get some more next week .....

Matthew.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.