Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » All DEADPOOL, all the time...

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: All DEADPOOL, all the time...
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
There's got to be another Legion fan that digs the merc with a mouth. Sound off here.

I just read where Agent X is ending at No. 15 and they are hinting at Wade coming back...

Like any reasonable person, I picked up the first few issues of Agent X after they cancelled Deadpool, and wished that I hadn't.

Can somebody give me the low down on what's happening/going to happen? Please. Are they bringing the real Wade back or not?

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
Looks like I'm the only Deadpool fan on this here board. Sigh.

In the true Deadpool style, I guess I'll just have to keep the conversation going with myself then.

I hear rumblings about a Cable/Deadpool series beginning this fall. I will let me know more about it when I find out more.

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Looks like Wade and Cable are going to be roomies or such. I can't wait. Agent X can kiss my ass.

--------------------
Something Filthy!

minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Deadpool is almost back.

--------------------
Something Filthy!

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I kinda liked him when he first appeared ... and um, I thought his guest shot in "Heroes For Hire" was funny ... (yes, I just feel kinda bad you're in here talking to yourself ...)
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, I see there are not one, not two but three ongoing Deadpool series that seem to be forthcoming from Marvel. I know the character but never have I once collected any of his own series (or the Cable/Deadpool series).

So: Sell me on Deadpool, the character and any of the series. Does anyone buy these? Give me something to bite on that might make me interested. Thus far, I never have been.

I am only vaguely aware that Joe Kelly had a great Deadpool run and several LWers (particularly Reboot) were big fans of Cable/Deadpool by Nicienza; the latter just didn't seem like something I want because neither of the two leads have ever interested me before.

But that can change.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Acid Digestion Lad
Legion hopeful

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Acid Digestion Lad   Email Acid Digestion Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Ya know I'm a pretty okay deadpool fan..I mean I liek teh merc with a mough oay enough and I even bannered the guy once. But I've been a bit behind on things...when did he start talking to himself and stop breaking the forthwall? O_o
From: Bismoll, baby! Yeah!! | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I was *this close* to buying a Deadpool comic yesterday. Just to check it out. But I flipped through "Merc with a Mouth" and it looked horrible, like a bad Image comic from 1994. Then I flipped through the regular Deadpool title and it didn't seem like anything special. So I have no idea where the buzz is coming from. I figured I'd spend the extra cash on Doctor Voodoo instead and see if there isn't anything interesting going on there.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Dr. Voodoo??? Tell me more!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Lash as part of the latest Avengers status, Dr. Strange is undergoing a "finding himself" type era, having made some mistakes in recent years so that he has now lost the "Sorcerer Supreme" title, as well as some of his artifacts. So he's off having his own new miniseries by Mark Waid. (PS- did you know he was also hooking up with Night Nurse?I thought it was a fact you might like, like I do.)

Meanwhile, filling in for the doc is Brother Voodoo who has now become the new Sorcerer Supreme, gained said artifacts and taken on the moniker "Doctor Voodoo" (don't know why since he's not doctor and I liked his original moniker but I guess I'm in the minority). These things happened in issues of New Avengers and now Voodoo has his own ongoing series. I picked up #1 which my CBS recommended and will let you know how it is when I read it.

Brother Voodoo is a character I've always liked though I admit I've never read much of him.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I picked up Deadpool Max #1 for two reasons: (A) Kyle Baker and (B) David Lapham. What I consider to be two genius-level comic book creators working together--I knew it would have to be off the wall and wanted to see just how much.

Well, boy was that an understatement. This was freaking crazy! Lapham's weird style of writing combined with Baker's weird style of art (when he wants it to go that way) gave me an issue that when I put it down I felt like maybe I needed a shower.

I don't think I'm going to get #2 or any others, but I figured that going into it. I'm surprised Marvel would publish this but kudos to them for doing so. I think only Deadpool could have a story like this.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.