Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » What's Your Favorite Comic Strip? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What's Your Favorite Comic Strip?
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Seeing all these Bloom County images again brings up some good old feelings. I loved Bloom County back in the day, along with Calvin and Hobbes. Peanuts, Garfield and BC were also on my list of must read strips.

Nowadays I settle for the on-line variety since I don't pick up a newspaper anymore. And I get my daily dose of Fox Trot and Get Fuzzy.

So what do you like?

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
I miss Calvin and Hobbes DEARLY. There's Bloom County images posted? I must go exploring and find these treasures!!!

I loved Bloom County too, but I felt that it got a good sendoff. Worthy of the strip.

And of course Peanuts is gone too. Honestly, I don't have much connection with any of the strips these days.

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
You'll find them here KP.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Though technically I don't read it as a newspaper strip, Frank Cho's Liberty Meadows is collected on a regular basis by Image. I love this book! Took me off for a sec when I realized the staples run across the "top" of the book-- it opens and reads like the Calvin & Hobbes collected editions-- but WOW!! Humor, adult themes, hot babes, anthropomorphic animals... Liberty Meadows is a blast!! Check it out if you're not already doing so!

As far as the stuff I read daily, Rose is Rose is my hands-down favorite. Their kitty cat RULES! [Big Grin]

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

And a couple of more here in Portfolio Lad's Political poll.

[ August 11, 2003, 09:29 AM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
The comics pages sure ain't what they used to be...

No one will ever match the brilliance that has gone before:
Peanuts, Calvin & Hobbes, Bloom County, Far Side, etc.

I still enjoy Dilbert, which I only started following 8 years ago when I started my current job. Suddenly I could relate...

Other strips I currently enjoy are: Foxtrot, Get Fuzzy, Overboard, Marvin, Family Circus (I got small ones, so I can relate and FC is funnier now that Bil Keane's son Jeff is also involved in producing the strip), and Grand Avenue which my local paper dropped after only a couple months so I have to read it online!

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Losing Calvin and Hobbes and Peanuts were two great blows to the funny pages.

These days, I'm still enjoying "For Better for Worse" (Liz is taking a gay friend of Michael's gay friend from school to her old boyfriend's wedding!), "Heart of the City," "Fox Trot," "Jump Start," "Frazz," "One Big Happy," "Grand Avenue (I can relate to the boy)," "Buckles," "Rose is Rose" and "The Big Top."

Eric

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
One of my favorites that hasn't been mentioned yet is "Mutts." It has the same type of gentle humor that I loved in "Peanuts" and "Calvin & Hobbes."
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
That's the one with the lithping kittycat, right? I love that one, too! [Love]
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Curtis, For better or Worse, Dilbert

Back in the day I liked: Pogo, Bloom County, Calvin and Hobbes

[ August 11, 2003, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: Blockade Boy ]

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Poverty Lad:
That's the one with the lithping kittycat, right? I love that one, too! [Love]

Yesh.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
"Calvin & Hobbes", "Bloom County" and "The Farside" -- laugh out loud funny. Everything else just kinda rates a little chuckle once in a while for me.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caleb
Member of Lash's Legion of Super Bitches

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caleb   Email Caleb         Edit/Delete Post     
Calvin and Hobbes
Mother Goose and Grimm
Garfield
Dilbert -when it includes Catbert or Dogbert

--------------------
Bring Back Tellus :tellus:

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
I love Liberty Meadows and Mutts.

I'm also quite fond of Family Circus. Who could not love "Ida Know" and "Not Me"?

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
The Peanuts!!!!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.