Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Details on Early Work Done for Wonder Woman?

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Details on Early Work Done for Wonder Woman?
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Again, from Superhero Hype:

Details on Early Work Done for Wonder Woman?
Sunday, August 24, 2003 6:27 CDT

'Robert' sent in this new report on the early work that was done for the new Wonder Woman movie...

I got some this scoop from a source (would like to be unnamed) who worked the production in the preliminary visualization stages. (SPOILERS INCLUDED!!):

My source got very rough storyboards for the preliminary shots, in which Wonder Woman's powers revolved mainly around her skills in defeating a gang of thugs in a hand to hand/foot battle scenario. This was set in a cathedral. To see how her super-human acrobatic abilities could be handled.

The shots were choreographed and pre-visualized, gymnasts(!!) re-enacted the major-moves in a green screen, motion-capture environment.. The model at the time definitely looked like Sandra Bullock, my source was as much victim to rumour as anyone else.

One shot had WW flying, WITHOUT the invisible plane!! She was able to actually put her arms out and fly (think of feminine Superman flight. . . much more wrist). Think of it more has hang-gliding with your arms. There was much back and forth on the 'way' she should fly, so there's little doubt that 'the powers that be' are considering it. Bizarre, since she has an invisible plane.

Maybe she has an invisible hand-glider?! =) She was able to fly in the comics, of course, but this is certainly interesting.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.