Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » They're Selling My Childhood!

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: They're Selling My Childhood!
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
 -

This was the first cartoon I remember seeing in color, on my Aunt's color TV. I should read the description, see if Dynomutt's head and limbs telescope...! [Cool]

Can Hong Kong Phooey be far behind??? [Eek!]

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Oddly enough, every Saturday on Boomerang they celebrate one year by showing 6 or 7 cartoons from that year. Last Saturday was 1977, I think, and they showed one or two Dynomutt episodes. And I think it was three weeks ago they showed Hong Kong Phooey.

Unfortunately, EVERY Sunday they also show Mr T [Confused]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

The royalties on Mr. T are probably a lot less than for a good cartoon... [Laugh Out Loud] [Roll Eyes]
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Princess Crujectra:
And I think it was three weeks ago they showed Hong Kong Phooey.

i used to love HONG KONG PHOOEY !!! my favourite character was the Police Telephone Operator !!!

i'd laugh so much when she'd run !!! and she did the "splits" in mid-air !!!

Matthew.

[ September 09, 2003, 05:16 PM: Message edited by: the boy with UltraPowers ]

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Hong Kong Phoo-ey!

We love you-ey!

Ooh, ooh, ooh-ey!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Are these figures for sale now? I must have them!!

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Seymour, these are being solicited in the September PREVIEWS-- see if you can have your local CBS order a set for you. Here's the listing from DCBS:

Dynomutt & Blue Falcon Action Figure Box Set
Ships November 2003
Regular Price $29.99

1970s Saturday morning favorites Blue Falcon and Dynomutt combine action and adventure with slapstick comedy, as the Blue Falcon attempts to combat the forces of veil with the help of the clumsy robotic Dog Wonder. Dynomutt is fully articulated and features an extendable neck, a pop-open chest panel that reveals his computer back, a radar dish that snaps into his back, and extendable legs. Blue Falcon is fully articulated and includes his "Falcon's Claw" grappling hook and line accessory. Window box packaging.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.