Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » There's something about Mary! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: There's something about Mary!
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by STU:
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
And, finally, for Stu, a selection of Mary Marvel wallpapers from The Marvel Family Web:

These are terrific (or should I saw marvelous?) -- thanks, Scott! [Smile]
You're welcome Stu! I edited the original post and added a link for each to a 1024x768 resolution image as well. Wasn't sure what screen resolution you used, if you wanted them.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by STU:
One of my favorite Mary Marvel stories doesn't have her in costume at all.

Funny you shoud mention that... some of my favorite Mary Marvel artwork doesn't have her in costume, either... [Evil] [Wink] [Love]
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
My favorite Mary piece is the cover to Supegirl plus the Power of Shazam!!!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
well...Mary Marvel on the cover of Power of Shazam by Jerry Ordway has been mediocore at best...

As for inside, wow...you should have seen the last page of FKAJL #1!!! Nice pose!!! ah.... [Love]

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
well...Mary Marvel on the cover of Power of Shazam by Jerry Ordway has been mediocore at best...

Gotta agree there... though I like Ordway's art generally, I didn't think any of his cover Marys were particularly inspired.

quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
As for inside, wow...you should have seen the last page of FKAJL #1!!! Nice pose!!! ah.... [Love]

Yup! [Love]
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

I've often wondered whether Mary's better suited for the red costume or the white one.

One on one hand, the red costume is more traditional. On the other, I do like the idea that, with a white costume, the three Marvels make a pretty patriotic red-white-blue trio.

Plus, the white costume seems to better convey Mary's inherent innocence, as well as set her apart from the Captain.

superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
well, I have never liked her in a red costume...it's hmmmmm starting to make Mary boring and bland. With her in white costume, my eye suddenly raised and wow...that's definitely her we need to see more of her and it has made her more interesting and she made so many appearances after that...popping in Supergirl, FKAJL, etc. So let's have her wear the white costume.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

More Mary stuff, including a great selection of fan art:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/somethingaboutmarymarvel/

Stu
Time Trapper

I wish DC Direct would make these!

-

[ September 19, 2003, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: STU ]

Stu
Time Trapper

How charming! A pretty Easter frock for only $2.98! (Though I suspect the real Mary would have enough wisdom to not care what the other girls thought about her attire...)

-

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.