Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » New TnT Cover Spotted! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New TnT Cover Spotted!
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
...on EXILES 33. Beautiful work, with a feral Wolverine against a stark B&W background of the Exiles' Sasquatch against a shadowy forest.

Add this to all the Tom n'Tony Legion previews we've been seeing, and I have to say-- They're just getting better and better. Kudos, guys!

And the EXILES issue itself was very good. Story by Winick, with guest artwork by Tom Mandrake! Woohoo! Check it out! [Cool]

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks POV! I haven't picked up that issue yet.

-

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Thank YOU for posting the cover, Scott! [Cool]

I was going to scan and send it to you this evening, but as usual, you're WAAAAAY ahead of me. Man, TnT are doing some sweeet work... [Cool] [Cool]

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
No problem Bri. And thanks to Comics Continuum for still having the image at their site. As a bonus, here's the cover to Exiles # 34, due out next week, also by TnT:

-

[ September 17, 2003, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! [Love]

And a little spoilerish speculation, if I might...
... if you've read EXILES so far, you probably know Sunfire is a lesbian. Is this hinting at a relationship between her and MJ/Spider-Woman? I don't recall if it's been brought up previously... But 33 revealed Sasquatch's relationship with her world's Wolvie for the first time, so it's not like we know all there IS to know about these characters...

...sigh [Frown] ... Makes me bummed that Judd's stories are almost finished. Anyone know for definite, the issue his last story's scheduled to run in??? [Confused]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

Lightning Lad
Founder

I don't know for sure the last issue but he left with 12 issues mapped out. They broke away from his stories for, what, 4 issues so far? I'm thinking that either # 36 or # 38 is the last of his stories. But I could be wrong.
Pov

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Depends on how long Marvel wants to milk the readers who plan on leaving WITH him... (Like me, if Austens fill-ins were any indication of what we have to "look forward to"... [Roll Eyes] )
Pov

Also spotted on the shelves:

TnT covers on Fantastic Four 503 and 504! Wooo! [Cool]

-

[ September 19, 2003, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: Poverty Lad ]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

Lightning Lad
Founder

-
Pov

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, Scott-- I couldn't find that one when I went looking for it... Nice cover, but I [Love] LOVE [Love] the Invisible Woman cover! [Cool]

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

You're welcome POV! I've been reading Comics Continuum so long I have a feel for when they publish their First Looks.

I like both but agree Sue looks better than Reed.

Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Poverty Lad:
Depends on how long Marvel wants to milk the readers who plan on leaving WITH him... (Like me, if Austens fill-ins were any indication of what we have to "look forward to"... [Roll Eyes] )

Well for issues # 38 and # 39, both due out in December (what's that make, like 16 issues this year?), Austen is writing again. I'm going to see if I can find the November info but I fear we've seen the last of Winick's stuff already. But this two-parter seems interesting.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

Written by Chuck Austen, pencils by Jim Calafiore, covers by Mizuki Sakakibara.

"King Hyperion " pts. 1 and 2 of 3. The Weapon X squad of Exiles are in the spotlight. Blinded by power, new Exile Hyperion's refusal to follow the team's directive creates a struggle that leaves some unlikely members of Weapon X in precarious positions. Who will survive his wrath? (New story arc. Two big issues

Bringing in Hyperion from Squadron Supreme seems like a good twist. And while this isn't a TnT cover, I kinda like it:

-

Lightning Lad
Founder

SPIDER-MAN & DOCTOR OCTOPUS: NEGATIVE EXPOSURE #3, DUE DECEMBER 17:

-

Lightning Lad
Founder

KINGPIN #7, DUE DEC. 10:

-

Lightning Lad
Founder

FANTASTIC FOUR #508, DUE DEC. 17:

-

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.