Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » DnA Helping to Relaunch Superman

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DnA Helping to Relaunch Superman
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know how many of you read the Superman line (I keep saying to myself to drop them from my hold list but I just can't bring myself to do it), but starting with issue # 200 of Superman in December the whole lines creative teams are changing and taking Supes in a new direction. Again.

To help out DnA are going to do a 3 part story arc. Quoted from Newsarama:

quote:
The city is left without a Superman in January, and the three-part story of Metropolis without its hero will be written by Andy Lanning and Dan Abnett. The story will start in Action Comics #811, move to Adventures #624, and wrap up in Superman #201.

According to Berganza, while the theme may be familiar, the execution will be all Abnett and Lanning. “It's a ‘World Without Superman,’ and we get to see the heroes and regular folks of Metropolis meet the challenge,” “And then, because nature abhors a vacuum, a strange new visitor comes to take Superman's place. Because of the real emotional angle I wanted to get from this, I turned to Dan and Andy who've done wonderful things with the Legion, and before that they worked with me on Resurrection Man. They can find the human angle in the midst of a real cosmic situation, and that's how we open Action #811.”

Art for the three-part storyline will be by Karl Kerschel, who’d visited Superman previously in the “Return to Krypton 2” storyline.

Does anyone get the feeling that this might be how the new, mysterious Clark Kent who is joining the Legion might come into being? They are not specifically saying a reboot like Byrne did but maybe another retrofit bringing Clark back as Superboy?

For the rest of the article on what to expect in this latest revamp, go here.

[ September 18, 2003, 07:27 AM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
this could be interesting !!!

i'm currently buying "Superman" so i will be there to see DnA's take on the MOS !!!

i've always bought the "Superman" titles off and on, over the years !!! usually picking them up for a particular storyline .....

i am REALLY enjoying "Superman: Birthright" at the moment !!!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:
i'm currently buying "Superman" so i will be there to see DnA's take on the MOS !!!

Umm... didn't you read it - Supes himself won't be around [Smile]

The Turner issues are going to deal with where Supes was/what he was doing in this time.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:
quote:
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:

Umm... didn't you read it - Supes himself won't be around [Smile]

yeah !! how stupid am i [Confused] !!!???

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
I turned to Dan and Andy who've done wonderful things with the Legion, ...They can find the human angle in the midst of a real cosmic situation, and that's how we open Action #811.”

And WE cannot even get a few moments of characterisation, see friends being made, groups forming????
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
[Blockade Boy]
{ And WE cannot even get a few moments of characterisation, see friends being made, groups forming???? }

Exactly. They're lavishing their attention on their special gigs. Methinks the duo has too much on its artistic plate.

Sorry if that's not "gratitude," Kid Prime or others, but if they divert their attention to everything else and neglect their ongoing gig and its rich cast, I'm gonna be pissed. They aren't descending to being hacks yet on "The Legion," but they're risking it.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Nevermind Superman and the Legion for a moment, the thing that came to my mind when reading that blurb was that it'll be how DC will introduce their new Superman related titles like the "Vigilante" and ... "The Question"!! Yeah, baby!!! The Question's coming back!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Italian Boy
Guido

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Italian Boy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
maybe it's a way for them to bring kara zor-el/supergirl back. maybe she'll show up and try to t ake superman's place? i can only hope.

--------------------
You have any Italian in you? You want some?

From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Lad Kid
part-time lurker

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Super Lad Kid   Email Super Lad Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't been quite impressed by DnA enough to buy a title just for their writing - let alone a crossover between three titles. And therein lies my discontent with Superman. I would LOVE to buy a regular Superman title, but I don't want to have to buy two others just to know what's going on. I enjoyed the beginning of Byrne's reboot where I could get by with reading Superman and Adventures and get Action at my own leisure.
From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.