Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » EDE's Quick Showcase Reviews! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  18  19  20   
Author Topic: EDE's Quick Showcase Reviews!
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
SUPERMAN FAMILY SHOWCASE acquired!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Damn, that's another must-get. I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and take a wad of cash to the CBS.

I've still gotta get my Marvel Romance TPB plus all the other regular books backed up in my pull.

Maybe if I skip eating for a couple of weeks...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought it was a mis-nomer to call this one "Superman Family" as they are mostly Jimmy Olsen stories.

I did buy the Superman one based upon Eryk's review of it. And I am enjoying it.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I think future volumes will cover Jimmy and Lois about evenly, but since they're printing them chronologically, and Jimmy's series started first, he ends up dominating the first volume.

I really think the Superman gets better as it goes along, Quis.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Almost every Daily Planets headline is either about Superman, or about something great that one of their reporters did.
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I think future volumes will cover Jimmy and Lois about evenly, but since they're printing them chronologically, and Jimmy's series started first, he ends up dominating the first volume.

I really think the Superman gets better as it goes along, Quis.

Well I only have 4 more stories to read. of them all I like the Bizarro story the best.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

In JO #7, Superman helps his boy pal teach three teenagers who move to the badlands about the dangers of loco-weed, and the terrible delusions it can cause!
Eryk Davis Ester

In JO #11, Jimmy becomes... "Superman's Seeing Eye-Dog!"

Seriously!

Eryk Davis Ester

That issue also features, "Jimmy Olsen, Clark Kent's Pal!", featuring perhaps more gay subtext than even I thought possible during the Silver Age!

Sample dialogue:

"You know, I like you a lot Clark, even if you are the quiet type..."

"Jimmy will forget about me when he reads this note from Superman on his desk!"

"This is incredible... I've actually become my own rival for Jimmy's friendship!"

"Gee, these quiet evening with you are super, Clark! Maybe I'll move in permanently!"

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Good Lord!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Eryk Davis Ester

I can only imagine that one day the editors of DC just sat down in their offices and thought:

"You know... Superman's got a ton of powers. Think how many books we could fill up by writing stories in which Jimmy accidentally gains one of Superman's abilities!"

And thus was born many a Jimmy Olsen story.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Any signs of the super-speech impediment that afflicted the Super-family whenever the were-- errr-- trying to be vague about something?

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

Favorite speech impediment moment:

Jimmy Olsen, dressed as a clown, impersonating another clown's son: "Yes... er... dad!"

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

heh heh heh.

April 7, this will be MINE!!!!

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

Still about 200 pages left to go in it, but I believe this will tie with HoM as my favorite Showcase thus far.
  This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  18  19  20   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.