Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Hellblazer (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Hellblazer
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
While I havenot read this in years, this is really bad for his fans. I have the first several issues, and a smattering of issues and trades from all over the run. Enjoyed hem all.

Now he'll be kewl though...

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
This is really discouraging news ...

Along with the A vs. X thing ... the big two are really not give me any reason to buy their books.

JL Dark IS one of the books I get ... ironically ... and the latest issue was good ... in a superhero action kind of predictable fisticuffs way ... and by comparison to all the shite out there now.

but come on ... Hellblazer is legendary.

they're probably amping up for a movie or something.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Hermit
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Hermit   Author's Homepage   Email the Hermit         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Conjure Lass:
...they're...what? OMGOD, NO. No, NO, NO!!!

WHY WOULD THEY...I DON'T...

There are not words for my disappointment. I mean, it's been around for decades, just the way it is, for a reason!! WHY WOULD THEY??

ARRRRGGGGG.

Back to my theory that Didio and company are secretly being employed by Disney.....

--------------------
First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. Been addicted ever since.

From: Stuck in the Psychedelic Era | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy:
but come on ... Hellblazer is legendary.

they're probably amping up for a movie or something.

-

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
More evidence that the current DC management isn't content with just ruining the DC universe, they're ruining Vertigo too.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Nothing is safe. Enjoy your Vertigo titles while they last.

This is the real Crisis! The destruction is crossing universes!

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

After they they gutted the Vertigo creator contract, it's clear creators know there are better options (see: Image, Dark Horse, new Dynamite crime line, etc). This type of thing just adds to that sense that Vertigo is losing its teeth and may soon become irrelevant.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
This was disappointing. Hellblazer was unique, now John Constantine will probably be blanderized. Disney, indeed.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
A very good, and somewhat comforting, article:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/11/13/to-john-constantine/

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

I thought Hellblazer was really good lately. For what its worth.
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'd stopped reading it a little less than a year after Milligan took over. It just wasn't doing it for me. This was long before DCnU and so on, so it never occured to me that it wouldn't be around post-Milligan. I thought I'd just give the next writer a chance. [sigh]

And, no, I'm not going to give the writer of Constantine a chance.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

me neither ... I may drop JL Dark out of protest.
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Same [Yes]
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
I've loved the entire Milligan Hellblazer run. It took John in a brave direction and had him face down a mid-life crisis and embrace life in his 50's/60's. Chucking all of that aside is a crying shame.

As more DC books drop off (Morrison Action, Hellblazer, Legion Lost, Frankenstein), I've no desire to backfill my list.

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy:
me neither ... I may drop JL Dark out of protest.

I DID drop JL Dark. I had Hellblazer in one hand and flipped through JL Dark ... and it just didn't compare ... at all. I was enjoying JL Dark as an action story ... but they had a fill in artist this month as well.

This month's Hellblazer seemed a bit rushed. A quick wrap up to the nephew story (and possible a cramped rush towards the end of the series) ... I couldn't help but feel a pang when John said he wouldn't be seeing Fin again. Because none of us will be seeing that!!!

Anyway, This month's Hellblazer:

[Superman X - Kell-El] [Superman X - Kell-El]

[shrug]

One can only hope John Constantine Prime comes back to kill off "Justice League Dark".

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.