Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Animals without super-hero/villains using them as a theme... (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Animals without super-hero/villains using them as a theme...
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Astro City has The Platypus.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Ahhh.
I should think that a platypus character would be very interesting, especially if he had the webbed feet and hands, too.
[Smile]

I created Kestrel, the Goshawk Sphinx, for my JLE thread on Bits. She's a hero on Earth except where aliens are concerned. [shrug]

She has the ability to communicate with and control all raptors (Earth types, mythological/magical types and even ET types, which she doesn't know about or presently use.)

She can also morph into a legendary creature, the Sphinx.
The differences in her version is that she is much smaller in that form than a 'normal' Sphinx, since her form is based on the African Goshawk, a falcon.
Her catlike body is small, as well, based on the Caracal, also known as the African Lynx

Her Sphinx powers include flight, raptor control, wisdom, riddles/wordplay and ferocious strength, claws & teeth, which she can use on the riddle losers.

- [/QB][/QUOTE]

[ August 14, 2011, 01:46 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The Giraffe (as opposed to Marvel's Giraffe Man) can have a sidekick- Okapi! Or is that Opaki? That can be a running gag...

I checked- it's okapi.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
The Giraffe (as opposed to Marvel's Giraffe Man) can have a sidekick- Okapi! Or is that Opaki? That can be a running gag...

I checked- it's okapi.

Er... check out the first post in the thread! [Wink]
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Oops! (hides face in shame at comitting cardinal sin of not reading first post).
From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
In the last Legion comic, there was a villain who looked like he was wearing a pig costume.

Pigs are supposed to be very intelligent, although they have a reputation for being dirty. I'd envision a power that spreads clouds of dirt around (like that kid PigPen in Peanuts), and cleans them up, too. Not terribly impressive, but if he's smart, he could come up with something cool to do with dust and dirt. There are a few characters who manipulate earth.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Is there a tiny flying speedster named Hummingbird? There totally should be!

An aquatic horned character named Narwhal, sort of a 'unicorn of the sea' with healing powers?

Tasmanian Devil's sister, Tasmanian Tiger!

The Flying Fox sounds like a fun tongue-in-cheeky name for a sexy woman with a bat-motif.

I think the Serpent Society pretty much has all the snakes covered, except for mythological snakes, like the Amphisbaenae!...

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Astro City also has the Flying Fox and Hummingbird (2 of them).
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't want to start a new thread, but something I was thinking about:

There are plenty of gorilla-themed super-heroes/villains, but I'm actually surprised that, to my knowledge, there is no one whose schtick is that they dress up in a gorilla suit to fight crime. It seems like such an obvious idea...

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Conjure Lass
And then there was steak!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Conjure Lass   Email Conjure Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by dedman:
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq:
How about the Platypus?

This oddly garbed figure has poisoned spikes on his gloves.

I clicked this thread to suggest the Platypus!

How about the Toucan?

Not really sure what his powers could be though

Providing me with an endless supply of Fruit Loops? Mmmmm. Fruit Loops.
From: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.