Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Extreme Studios – the best relaunch since the Silver Age DC Comics? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Extreme Studios – the best relaunch since the Silver Age DC Comics?
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
R.L. gets a big thumbs down from Peebz.

... check out his cracked screen btw, anger management issues! You know he threw that Naomi Campbell style.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I never liked Liefeld, now I REEEEEEALLY don't like him.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I really haven't liked him since his criticism of Rictor + Shatterstar.

Otherwise, I just didn't like him in the regular sense ... I can draw as well as he yet, I would never presume to draw comic books.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
What's crazy is he hasn't really pencilled that many comics. Like maybe 3 years of comics (many of them late) and a ton of covers in the 90's...and from what I understand he made more $$ than anyone else that made comic books in the entire 90's. Like millions and millions of dollars.

Like most of us, this recent change won't have any impact on my actual buying habits. The Rob Liefield Deathstroke series, much like most of the rest of the shit DC passes off as good comics, was not a part of my pull list.

I just hope he keeps a hands off approach to Prophet, Glory and Supreme, which are awesome without him. He seems to have the good sense to do that...for now.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Having just read Glory #28 (the last issue I bought and the last before it went up to $3.99), I find myself second-guessing my decision to drop that book. That issue was just batshit CRAZY with all the awesomely over-the-top violence. Props to the head-biting and all the delicious blod-and-guts on display! The fighting bat/cat/dragon-thingy was sublime and joined my pal Henry in beastly frenetic violence! That's not too mention our girl Glory who's nude and/or caked in blood most of the issue!

If this sounds like sarcasm, it's NOT! Honestly, this was a fun issue that finally helped realize this book's already ripe potential. It's more than just balls-out violence, but the violence is kind of a pallette cleanser in a way that I can't really verbalize.

And that last page---Glory's little sister? Oh, HELLZ yeah! I ain't done with this book, yet!

Hope my CBS still has 'em in stock....

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Still can't believe how kick-ass that issue was! Nice minimalist cover, too:

-

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
It's really been such a fantastic series, and things have increasingly been intensifying. I'm definitely in for the long haul.

And the covers! They've all been killer.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
When I was done reading Prophet #29, I was so stunned that I decided...I had to read it again! This time, to take in the imagery and artwork.

Because it is they mind-blowing. Staggering really. Farel Dalrymple, with direction from writer Brandon Graham just blew my mind. If this comic was shown to people two hundred years ago, their brains would melt.

Also, the 6 page back up story was phenomenal!! Terrific short sci-fi story! Maximum impact in minimal space.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.