Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » IMAGE explosions (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: IMAGE explosions
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
On a related note ... I am all about Bedlam!

I forgot to put it in my top five favorite comic books. Well it is not really one of my favorites but as far as being well done ... it is one of the best.

[Superman X - Kell-El] [Superman X - Kell-El] [Superman X - Kell-El] [Superman X - Kell-El] [Superman X - Kell-El]

It is a really interesting book, I have no idea which way it is going to go ... I think it's hard to do something so bizarre.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
This review mirrors my sentiment except what they call the "bad" is the best part of the book.

It dosn't give anything away, it dosn't even give away much of the premise. The story is a lot more complicated with hints at conspiracies.

http://www.comicvine.com/bedlam-/37-364098/staff-review/

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I loved I Love Trouble #1! Felicia is a small-time crook and con-artist who discovers she has a superpower when a plane she's in crashes - and she thinks herself out of it.

She quickly gets used to her new power and uses it to steal stuff, of course. When she goes to pay back some loan shark, with interest, he decides she should work for him - and holds her honey to ensure cooperation.

A great read, lots of action, beautiful look to the art. Felicia is like the best of Catwoman without Batman - devious, smart, funny and tough.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
^ Def glad you reviewed that one, FC! I would have probably passed on it.

Meanwhile, I thought Storm Dogs #1 was a solid debut, introducing a world of characters and concepts while maintaining a strong mystery / suspense vibe. My one complaint is there wasn't a lot of "pop" in the opening, though that may be due to some of the artistic choices. The art overall is quite beautiful, specifically the landscapes, but the character designs are very "soft" which doesn't make any one character jump out at me automatically.

That being said, its definitely a tightly written comic that lays the ground work for some major things to come. Writer David Hine is superb--especially these last 3-4 years--so I have faith this is going to get better.

Solid sci-fi series that I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.