Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » REVIVAL

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: REVIVAL
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Child, I read # 1 last night. It's a new IMAGE series concerning zombie-esque THANGS ina rural town and issue 1 was FAB-YOO-LOSA!!!

My ****ONLY**** point of concern was what the young boy Cooper saw in the woods. I truly hope that wasn't an alien...

[ August 24, 2012, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: lowercase mllash ]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Wasn't it good? So glad you picked this up! I hadnt planned on it and then grabbed it in the store. I was blown away by how awesome it was!

Creepy, tension-filled, well-written, great art and interesting characters! Quite possibly another long term success from Image!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I'm definitely smelling success... and possibly movie/TV deal... **IF** there are no aliens. [Smile]

Issue 1 was certainly enthralling. The scenes at the end are pure horror-flick awesome.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Issue 2 kicked ass. This could easily find its way to the top of my favorites!!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

*GLARE*

More of you need to be buying this. I got # 3 today!

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I finally read #1 a coupla days ago. A very good start with a lot of mystery built in to the concept. Though it DID seem to play its hand vis a vis said mystery with the brief appearance of an alien.

Some of the questions I was left with were:

1) Are aliens indeed behind this epidemic?

2) Are the people who've revived so far the ONLY ones apparently immune to dying? Or will more revive as they die?

3) What is the extent of the injuries that a revived person can survive?

While at this point I'm not sure the tagline of "rural noir" really applies, it looks Revival will be a good, fun read. Definitely an intriguing start!

P.S. One random thing that struck me about the art was how the sheriff/lead character's dad looked so much like a guy you've seen in your everyday life. Good job, Mr. Norton!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Aso, the "teeth" scene was excellent! I thought the sheer number of teeth was artistic license until the reveal of her teeth constantly regenerating.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Issue 3 was ALL over the place. I hope # 4 settles down a bit.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Yea, "all over the map" is a good way to describe #3. I'm not familiar enough or empathetic enough with all these characters to keep track of so many people and subplots.

It was still a solid read but pacing-wise it needs to settle down.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Sounds like its worth a checking out, just added it to my pull list, along with a backorder for the first few issues
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

1-2 are really good... 3 went off the rails for me a bit, as it kept jumping all around from place to place and people to people that I didn't know anything about (yet). I assume there was a reason for that, but it sure made issue 3 hard to follow.

I've already decided that before I read 4, I am going to re-read 1-3 again first. Don't want to "give up" too easily here, because I really like the premise.

I gave MORNING GLORIES 21 issues and it became evident that the book was NOT going to satisfy me, but continue to run in circles. Maybe intro-ing all the new "STUFF" in issue 3 is REVIVAL's way to propel the story forward. We'll see.

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.