Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » just 2 more hours to go ...... (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: just 2 more hours to go ......
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
well i've just finished watching the 22nd episode of "24" !!!!

just two more HOURS / EPISODES to go .....

and btw, i don't wanna know what happens !!! and as you guys in the US will have seen it, don't tell me !!!

but did you LOVE it ??? i think it's so much like reading a comic, don't you think ???

it's quite funny here, because after the show is shown here, there is a live debate with a presenter and studio audience who talk about the episode that has just aired !!!

and they debate what will happen next ... kinda of like this message board and what will happen with the LEGION !!!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
That would be cool to see. Wish they did something like that here.

We still have the last 9 episodes to watch. As with everything else, all the shows we usually watch are just stacking up until we have time to catch up. But 24 is probably my favorite drama currently. We'll probably pick up the DVD set for season 2 when it comes out. It is supposed to have unreleased footage.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I thought this was a great season of 24. The Nina Meyer appearance was awesome, Jack's ruthlessness in the face of a nuclear threat is just kick-ass to see, the plot continued to be captivating until the very end.

And then there's Jack's daughter -- god, what a waste of time that whole thing was. From the abusive husband guy, the running away from the cops, getting caught in a bear trap?? It was pretty ridiculous what stuff they could think to get her into just to maintain her presence on the show.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
And then there's Jack's daughter -- god, what a waste of time that whole thing was. From the abusive husband guy, the running away from the cops, getting caught in a bear trap?? It was pretty ridiculous what stuff they could think to get her into just to maintain her presence on the show.

Okay, don't read this reply if you don't want a spoiler of season 3.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

The third “24” season will pick up three years after the second, at which point Kim Bauer will be in CTU’s employ. And so will her daddy, Jack. The third-season opener, like the second-season opener, will unfurl commercial-free. This is according to Fox entertainment president Gail Berman. Another source gives this spoiler:

Kim is going to insist on accompanying daddy on this season's mission because she fears for his health, which has been ailing for the "three years" since the show left off.

Does anyone else feel like it should have been Kim killed off the first season instead of Jack's wife?

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Doesn't anyone appreciate the brilliance of the Kim-in-peril bizarro plot twists? Life ain't all chopping off bad guys heads and stuff. Sometimes you have to deal with cougars and crazy mountain men.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey SCOTT !!

you're SPOILER wasn't too bad .... i tried not to read it, and looked at it through squinted eyes !!!

from the show last night "Pure 24" they said the next season would be 2 - 3 years in the future ...

some people were already thinking that KIM could now be working for "CTU" !!!

after that shooting incident in last nights episode it's turn KIM from being the VICTIM into the vigilante !!!

Matthew.

[ July 21, 2003, 07:46 AM: Message edited by: the boy with UltraPowers ]

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

oh no !!!

only one more HOUR to go of "24" !!!

and i have to wait 2 weeks to see it !!!

i can't wait ..............

Lightning Lad
Founder

We still have the last 9 hours on Tivo to watch. But we lose our cable on Friday (new company that demands you have a credit card and with our new house still in financing we won't do that) so maybe I can finally catch up.
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
I predicted the last scene of season two (as my wife could tell you).

I really enjoy 24, but you guys are right about Kim. Enough already.

One of the standout things for me about the second season was the trust Jack and Tony had for each other after the hell Nina put them through. No matter what, they had each other's back (even when one was punching the other...no problem, they got past that).

Looking forward to a third season, but with less whining.

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I hope Nina shows up again -- those episodes with her were the best ones this season. I also hope President Palmer doesn't buy it -- he's such a good actor.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Matthew! Check this out! Dark Horizons, the place I go to for movie and t.v. news, just announced this:

quote:
24 (DVD): An interesting little marketing trick - in the UK on August 11th 2003 it seems a special DVD boxset containing series one & two of 24 will be released. Catch is this boxset will be released for one day (ie. 24 hours) only.
If I had a DVD player that would recognize the UK region code, I'd have you pick me up a set!
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Matthew! Check this out! Dark Horizons, the place I go to for movie and t.v. news, just announced this:

quote:
24 (DVD): An interesting little marketing trick - in the UK on August 11th 2003 it seems a special DVD boxset containing series one & two of 24 will be released. Catch is this boxset will be released for one day (ie. 24 hours) only.
If I had a DVD player that would recognize the UK region code, I'd have you pick me up a set!
thanks for the info Scott !!

i know about the double DVD set coming out, it's released on the Monday, after the FINAL episode is shown on Sunday night !!!

i'll probably ask someone to get it for my birthday ....

Matthew.

matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:
Hey SCOTT !!

you're SPOILER wasn't too bad .... i tried not to read it, and looked at it through squinted eyes !!!

from the show last night "Pure 24" they said the next season would be 2 - 3 years in the future ...

some people were already thinking that KIM could now be working for "CTU" !!!

after that shooting incident in last nights episode it's turn KIM from being the VICTIM into the vigilante !!!

Matthew.

As long as the dress code at CTU is amended to include lil' white t-shirts I don't mind Kim joining.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caleb
Member of Lash's Legion of Super Bitches

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caleb   Email Caleb         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:
i tried not to read it, and looked at it through squinted eyes !!!
Matthew.

I think this may be one of the CUTEST things I've ever heard.

--------------------
Bring Back Tellus :tellus:

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
[Big Grin] That would be our UltraMatthew... cute doesn't beGIN to describe him! [Wink]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.