Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » "Dallas" or "Dynasty" ?? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: "Dallas" or "Dynasty" ??
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
For me, it would be Knot's Landing. I watched it during the entire 4,000 years it was aired. I still remember When Valene recovered her kidnapped twins. *sniff* I also remember when Gary Ewing got caught cheating on Val and jumped out of bed wearing only his bikini briefs. *boing* Even the later years were good, with that parade of bitchy female characters played by Nicolette Sheridan, Lar Park Lincoln and Kathleen Noone, among others.

*sigh* My world would not be complete unless I knew that somewhere in the universe, Valene is still out there, still being victimized. On the other hand, my world is also scarred from the lingering images I have as a result of seeing what Joan Van Ark's plastic surgeon has done to her.

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rokk steady:
On the other hand, my world is also scarred from the lingering images I have as a result of seeing what Joan Van Ark's plastic surgeon has done to her.

OMIGOD! Isn't she just a mess? I saw her on something about a year ago, and she scared the hell outta me!

I certainly hope she sued. I can't imagine that was the look she was going for.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
Exactly! That poor woman scares the viewers of all of the parades she hosts!

This was especially brought home to me recently when I caught "Frogs" on cable. This is a 70's "horror" movie about killer frogs in Louisiana, where everybody talks in a fake southern accent, all of the males have vigorously hairy chests, and many lingering shots of motionless, ribbiting toads are meant to scare you. Anyway, Joan Van Ark had a lead role in this film, and she looked great in all of her yellow terry-cloth short-pant jumpers. Not freakish at all! If this movie were cast today, she could only play one of the menacing toads.

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
quote:
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
cuntly

great word LASH !!!
Agreed that it's a great word, but he's misused it. The adjective "cunty" would have been appropriate, rather than the adverb "cuntly".
Down south, "cuntly" IS an adjective, city boy!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Princess Crujectra:
quote:
Originally posted by rokk steady:
On the other hand, my world is also scarred from the lingering images I have as a result of seeing what Joan Van Ark's plastic surgeon has done to her.

OMIGOD! Isn't she just a mess? I saw her on something about a year ago, and she scared the hell outta me!

I certainly hope she sued. I can't imagine that was the look she was going for.

i think it's quite SAD but also FUNNY seeing what these AGEING actresses do to themselves with surgery !!!

there are indeed some scary looking women out there, they end up looking like 'someone else' don't you think ???

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
The only one of those shows I ever watched more than a few minutes of was Dallas -- mostly because I was fond of the guilty-pleasurish theme song and the opening montage filmed by helicopter over Dallas...
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.