Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Does anybody else miss Saturday morning cartoons?

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does anybody else miss Saturday morning cartoons?
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I know cartoons are on 24-7 due to the Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Kids WB, Toon Disney, and Nick. I know that the quality and variety of animation on the tube is vastly superior, since we can pick and choose from classic Hanna-Barbera, Adult Swim, Toonami, and original CN and Nick programming. Cartoons are EVERYWHERE, and it's a great thing for the world!

But does anyone else remember waking up at the butt-crack of dawn on Saturday morning and creeping past the still-snoozing parents, pouring yourself a big bowl of Lucky Charms, turning the T on and sitting on a cushion about 5 feet away at 6 AM just in time for the Snorks and Gummi Bears? And then sitting there for 5-6 hours, engrossed in the Smurfs, then switching to a little Bugs and Daffy, and then turning it back for Alvin and the Chipmunks, and then to ABC for Superfriends, and back to NBC for Spiderman and his Amazing Friends and Kidd Video, and back to ABC for Thundarr and the ABC Saturday Morning Special.

I'm very excited for kids today who have so many more choices in their cartoon-watching than we did. But somewhere inside me, I'm a little bit sad that these kids today won't have the same wonderful memories of Saturday morning cartoons that I have. Oh well, time and tide, I guess.  -

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
There is something about the ritual of Saturday morning cartoons that does seem to be missing these days. I can remember the excitement of watching the shows that would preview the new Saturday line-up. It was a pretty big deal when I was a kid.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
But does anyone else remember waking up at the butt-crack of dawn on Saturday morning and creeping past the still-snoozing parents, pouring yourself a big bowl of Lucky Charms, turning the T on and sitting on a cushion about 5 feet away at 6 AM just in time for the Snorks and Gummi Bears? And then sitting there for 5-6 hours, engrossed in the Smurfs, then switching to a little Bugs and Daffy, and then turning it back for Alvin and the Chipmunks, and then to ABC for Superfriends, and back to NBC for Spiderman and his Amazing Friends and Kidd Video, and back to ABC for Thundarr and the ABC Saturday Morning Special.

Okay, Jeff. Is it that you're telepathic and can read my memories or are we 2/3 of a Carggite, seperated at birth (kinda like Tinya)?
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

I would go with the Tinya explanation! (Besides, I always wanted a twin brother...)

--------------------

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
If what you say is true, then our third body is out there somewhere. I wonder who it is and if they post here?

Oops! I forgot to mention my twins fetish. [Big Grin]

[ July 25, 2003, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I miss Saturday morning cartoons. And what is on today just doesn't pass for it, especially if you don't have cable or satellite. It seems the Saturday and Sunday mornings are now filled with infomercials instead of fun stuff.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
If what you say is true, then our third body is out there somewhere. I wonder who it is and if they post here?

I would like to state for the record that I am not an alternate version of either Kid Prime or Nightcrawler.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
they were cool !!! i loved He-Man, Thundercats, Godzilla, Spider-Man & AF, Pole Position, Arabian Knights, Flash Gordan etc .....

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I loved them as a kid, but nowadays, I'd much rather sleep in (that's what vcr's are for).

Friday nights are somewhat more exciting ...

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

quote:
Oops! I forgot to mention my twins fetish. [Big Grin]

[Eek!]

-

--------------------

Kid Prime
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
quote:

I would like to state for the record that I am not an alternate version of either Kid Prime or Nightcrawler.
That's what he wants you to think.

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
quote:

That's what he wants you to think.
[Wink]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.